Friday, June 09, 2006

GOAALLL

World Cup Fever…

Crowd, Yell, Clap, Frustration, Bet, Triumph, Winning, Loosing....…. These are all the adjectives that define the noun, the World cup. It is the GAME that changes everything. Today, June 9th, the starting day of THE WORLD Cup. It is not like any other AMERCAN games.It simply cannot compete with the commercial spectacles of American sports, particularly because two halves of 45 minutes isn't television-friendly. Nevertheless, the FIFA World Cup raises the sport's awareness every four years.

Germany, the football powerhouse and Costa Rica will be starting off the game followed by Poland Vs Ecuador. 4 years ago, I was in Japan, the host country and the whole ambience was phenomenal. Every second you would be reminded of the game through the excitement of each and every people, every son of us were hypnotized by the so-called “ football” fever.

I am VERY excited. I always get thrilled with the WORLD CUP. I must admit, however, that as much as I have enjoyed watching the show, I am bit saddened by the fact that I would be watching the opening ceremony alone. At one point, I was seriously considering about watching the game in the Sports bar, but again, because of the gloomy and depressing weather, the thought of watching it all bundled up in a cozy room provoked me. We will see how it goes.

I am rooting for Germany. I still remember Kahn from the last world cup. I was talking with my dad this morning and this was his prediction. He thinks, Brazil, Italy, the Netherlands and France would go to the Final. Let’s see as the game progresses.


Let the kicking and Screaming begin…..


Germany made the fist goal in 5 min.. WOW!!

No comments: