Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tis the Season of LOVE!! It is Christmas time

Well what can I say; I am doing a good job! Considering the fact that I have regularly been updating my blog world!

Christmas just around the corner, the ambiance is just wonderful. Lights everywhere, everyone in a festive mood. Seeing everybody happy makes me happy.
This is like our “ Dashain and Tihar.” However much I try not to eavesdrop on other people’s conversation, I find myself doing so. Well especially in the bus and train and many of the conversation starts with. “ When are you going home.” Everyone is going home to be with their family.

Weekend was fun. My husband had his raag’s performance. He sang Raag Bhairabhi. He has sung a lot of them and I believe, he sang Raag Bhairabhi in his last performance. It was EXCELELNT!


In the beginning, I always had this impression of Raag being “ Old and Boring,” well trust me this is not the case. This is my third time and his raag has been ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

After the performance, I went to this little get together at Muna aunty’s house. I got SAMOSA and no, I did not make it, I got it from the Indian store. We had this little gift swapping session, and I got 3 beautiful “bath and body’s” lotions, which smells so Christmassy! I also met couple of my cousins at the party and it was nice, chatting with them after long time.

The potluck was unbelievable. We had variety of dishes ranging from Avacado salad to Pilaf,chwila to kashi ko masu. The bottom line here is that the FOOD WAS Superb!!

Sunday was very laid back. We had a heavy brunch. I made egg and shrimp burrito and then we hung around the city. Bought some winter clothes and got back and watched “ Monsoon Wedding.” This was my third time. It has depicted the wedding scenario very well. Both my husband and I, since we are newly married could relate to lot of stuff from the move.

The fun character in the movie is Mr. Dubey. The acting is Phenomenal !

If you have not seen this! It is a must see one! I beleive it was even nomintaed for the Golden Globe!! Need I say more!

No comments: