Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back to Reading mode

I try not to lose time. I frequently lose other things, like my keys, my notebooks, my pens, but never my time. Therefore, I have started reading a book.

“Love Creeps,” is its title.

“ The world is Flat,” by Thomas Friedman and “ The Alchemist “ by Paulo Choleo is still on my top list. However, after several attempts at the library and in despair of not finding the book, reluctantly I decided to put it on hold and move on. “ Love Creeps" by Amanda Filipacchi caught my eye. The title sounded interesting and it was on the top 10 New Year’s Best Seller List. What is the risk one could have I thought?

How is the book so far? “ I am not at liberty to divulge that kind of information.” =) Just kidding!

The book is very interesting. Interesting than I thought! Reading this book made me realize sometimes incidents happen innocently. It is a story about a lady, Lynn, who is actually being stalked herself decides to stalk another guy. The reason she does this is because she claims to have lost the " interest and desire" in herself. Rather than gradually turning on a neurotic wreck by ending up restoring an alcohol or drugs, she decided to regain her power by taking this move of “stalking.” I suppose, she wants to test on her stalkee whether or not if it would be possible in succeeding through this means of "stalking." Yup! You have never heard a girl stalker.

But VOILA!! Here you go!! I guess this was her remedy to deal with the confusion in her life. Who has not been through this stage in their life right? Sounds bit ironic but let’s see how far she goes.

What to write today? I think writing in the morning is a lot harder. I have lots of thoughts, very broad, very expansive, but if I wrote them all you'd feel as if you were staring at the pattern of clouds in the sky. I really hope you don't at this very moment!

Well, I suppose when you make a concrete effort to write every day in a blog, then it will have to by nature turn to something more personal. It is hard to write day after day about something outside of yourself, unless you are highly familiar with it. RIGHT!!!

I started my fist class at Boston University yesterday. The class is “Finance and Managerial Accounting.” No, I am not enrolled in BU, just taking this course. The course obviously is accounting. It is the graduate level course with lot of financial statements, balance sheets, retained earning ratio,to name but a few . Along with the American students, the class is filled with mixture of international students from China, Pakistan, Egypt and India. I am looking forward to recollecting my old memories back.

What else has been happening…. I have been driving a lot lately. When Prasanna comes back from work, he usually likes to take me for a quick spin, which of course I always look forward to. Driving in downtown Boston is not a problem for me; it is just when we enter the highway and changing the lanes that gives me a fright.

“ Practice! Perseverance and Patience!”

I hear these words repeatedly. Thanks to Prasanna’s persistence, I have really come this far in driving. Really, I owe a lot to him. It was him who repeatedly reminded me to get the license and drive in Nepal and because of that I can drive a manual car. Not confidently, but I can mange it. His persistence is what makes me stronger. Had it not been for him, I would have given up HOPE! on a lot of things longgg time back. Taking “Risk” is what he has taught me and I would like to follow it diligently.

All right then.. So long for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love creeps, the title sounds interesting! please fill some more.