Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Weekend

I will try to write this blog more as a personal 'journal' entry seeing as I have no definitive topic, which I wish to pursue. This one is going to be a mixture for three days.

Friday - It was a nice and peaceful one. Good way to start my weekend I suppose. After dinner, we started watching this Hindi movie “ Ek Ajnabee” and were agonized when the sound gradually began to disappear and we soon found ourselves staring at the caption on the screen. Can it get any more annoying than this?
!!! The movie had just started to become very interesting. It had a unique story and was just not like any other regular Indian movies. The setting was in Bangkok! However, much we wanted to watch, we had no choice but the stop. We both had no other choice but to console each other saying "next time".

Saturday
- We had a clear wintry morning in the city. Lately, I've grown tired of waking to a dark sky, but this one initiated with a brilliant sunrise and with the bird chirping, I could not be happier. The weather gradually became warmer and soon, it was Excellent. This was a good morning! Since we had a very hectic weekdays, we tried to make this day as relaxed and laid back as possible. Prasanna managed to play his guitar and was singing some of his favourite songs. This was also a catch up time for me in terms of doing some chores, basically cleaning the house. After our quick brunch of fresh tuna and parmesan“ baguette,” we decided to go for a nice drive. We made a quick stopover at the HAY MARKET. I love shopping at this open market. Not every weekend per se, but once in a while can be a FUN activity. The collection of vegetables somehow always manages to leave me overwhelming.

We had a quick swirl around the city and I managed to do couple of quick errands.We were also trying to find a "Waffle maker," since prasanna lovees waffle .Nope! we had no luck. Maybe next time. Another "next time" in two days!


Dinner was GREAT. We were invited at a house of a friend of ours. We had a nice “Business Talk,” YUP! I am talking A Real business here… =) Sorry, the idea is ABSOLUTELY confidential at the moment but surly and most certainly will expose it 100% once we become FAMOUS. ;) We had an American dinner with the mixture of salad, French bread, pita bread, hummus and turkey along with a good Chardonnay!

Sunday- GLOOMY DAY!!!! UGGHH!! I realized that I had become a compulsive thinker (Compulsive might be a strong word BUT I have become a REAL thinker!!!). Each waking moment, I would be thinking of something to be done, or bought, or needed to be said. I just would be ten steps ahead of the time. If I was not thinking I was planning, or I was worrying. If nothing else, I would catch myself daydreaming about useless thing and I mean ABSOLUTE useless thing. I constantly struggle with being overly sensitive to the "offhand" remarks that people tend to give me. I cannot help it. It is an innate behaviour that I have.This ANNOYING and relentless thought process had a telling effect. At the end of the day, I would feel fatigued and exhausted, even if I had done nothing physically demanding.

Yoga is the best way of helping your mind relax, ( I am aware of it ) but many people like myself =) find excuses not to practise it every day. All you have to do is let go of all thoughts. There is no need to even focus on your breathing, In fact, the whole intention is to focus on nothing, because focusing causes the mind to exert itself. Even though I have not joined YOGA classes,
I am very much determined to join the Gym from tomorrow. I absolutely love running! I have stretched my mental muscles too far, without giving them a chance to relax. So joining the GYM is actually going to be a GOOD start.

How was my Sunday?


VERYYYY Relaxed. Prasanna had his Raag, so he definitely had a good start. The weather was back to being GLOOMY, so really we did not have too much zeal on going outside. Was skimming through the channels and “Australian open” was on. I rooted for the new dude from Cyprus, Baghdatis. He lost! He got defeated by the Roger Federer. But the fact he had reached all the way to the finals is already a prestigious thing. So I do not think there was too much of a disappointment for this new comer.

Now, I am about to continue the movie “ Last Samurai.” Very very good one. Good movie to add in the collection.The scenes of JAPAN were breathtaking. I really do not know where they shot the scene but I am quite definite it is not in Tokyo.I have lived in Japan for 5 years and have yet to discover lot of beautiful places. Well there is always next time!

Off I go, good nighhhtttt.

OR I should say, time to enjoy the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a nice picture on the top. who is that?