Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Excitement is yet to be finished….

Our Euro tour was indeed a marvelous one. Very very memorable. This is something I will cherish forever and will share it to my great grand children if I still live by then =)

Life back to Boston was slowly going normal when one afternoon I got a call from my husband. “Would you like to go to San Francisco this weekend?” I was still in a surprised state when he said that. “ I have the client meeting on Monday and Tuesday.”

I have made it as far as Los Angeles, but not to San Fran and I have really heard a lotttt about the place. My husband is really in loveeee, I mean absolutely in love with this place and really wanted me to see it. I was bit hesitant. I had my final paper due that weekend. Even though it was a take home, it would need lot of thinking. My case was on Procter and Gamble and I still needed to do bit of a research.

However excited I was, I still was double minded. Should I go or not? He was going to be gone for 4 days and I just could not imagine what I would be doing for this period of time. But on the other hand, I still had my finals.

Nevertheless, I did manage to go there at the last minute by using the extra ticket I had from my mileage.

San Fran was beautiful. The weather was absolutely beautiful. It was more like a summer time for us(considering how cold Boston was). The first day, we made a drive to Monterrey, along with my brother in law, Malu. He is an investment banker and lives in San Fran. The drive was beautiful. The ocean was right there and luckily the weather was NOT playing against our favour even though the forecast had
predicted “ showers.” We also made it to Palo Alto and had a quick visit at the Stanford University. I was really happy to see the sculpturs of RODIN. I love RODIN and we had just visited the " musee de Rodin" and it was like DEJA VU seeing it all over again! I was happy! We met up with one of my husbands friend from school and ended ourlongg day with a lovely
“Burmese dinner.”

Napa, was our target for the next day. After making a quick stopover at the Golden Bridge, we took the Route 1, and drove all the way to Sanoma and Napa valley. We had a lunch at this Nepalese restaurant in Sonoma. Yet! another pick from Malu babu and what can I say, it was very delicious indeed!!

Yup! Vienyards,( actually without any grape vines), is what we saw throughout our drive. We made couple of stops to do the wine tasting. That night, we watched the Golden gates at night and it was really really beautiful. The Silhouette was breathtaking!!

Overall tour trip was really nice. On Monday, I also took a tour at the famous “Alcatraz jail.” San Fran was actually our third trip in a month. London, Paris and San Fran.. and we had also made it to Tokyo this past summer so I cannot complain =)

I Absolutely LOVE travelling.

Did I tell you I am discovering more moles in my feet. =) I seriously have six moles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy reading your blogs. They are very descriptive..you do a great job transporting the reader's mind into your world.