Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rambling


I don't know how I do it, but I seem to be missing every other day for this week; even though I just made a promise that I would write "every day."

My account is that it is not me; it is that days are gulped down in the vortex of time.I have been observing and redefining what I want out of this blog.

Not a whole lot has been happened recently.

I have started reading “ Da Vinci Code.”

As I am writing this, I suddenly find myself staring at the big bulky door in front of me. By the way, I am at the Library. Doors are horribly ironic. Really they seem unappreciated don't they? Most people don't even notice them, and if they do, it is because they pose an obstacle to their destination.

Anyways, back to the book. As I have mentioned earlier in my blogs, that I have already read the book but I am re-reading it because I was in Louvre this past Christmas and now I can actually empathize with the places.

I have noticed 3 things while reading the first few chapters.

1- Eiffel tower is actually referred as a “She.” Well it was in the book, so I am assuming that is a she to the fellow Parisians
2-The main entrance of “ the Louvre,” La Pyramid was actually designed by a Chinese born American architect I.M.Pei
3-Mitterrand was referred to as a “Sphinx” for filling Paris with Egyptians obelisks, art, and artifacts.

This story is an exhilaratingly brainy thriller. The author Dan Brown, delivers a crackling, intricate mystery, complete with breathtaking escapes and several stunning surprises. The book is thick, very thick and I really wonder when will I be able to open the “CODE.” I am really looking forward to watch the movie this summer. Hopefully, with Tom Hanks in it, it will be a thrill to watch.

On the side note, what is the deal with that cartoon of Mohammad?

“Protests over Danish cartoons continued today in several countries, and four protesters were killed in Afghanistan” - NY times.

Bare with me today. This blog is basically going to be a rambling….rambling dictated by my inner monologue and unfortunately there are not any coherent patterns in my head.

I had a lunch with Prerna and her friends today. Prerna is a friend of mine from The Extension School and her dad is the CEO of this Lakhi Group Jewelry Company in India who has a branch in NY, Belgium and Africa. Being the daughter of the CEO is quite impressive. What do you say?

Along with my husband Prasanna, I have also decided to get involved in the MIT 50 K competition. It is the Entrepreneurship Competition. The whole point here is to meet or I should say network with the world-class entrepreneurs, investors’ business professionals and gain some experiences. I missed the first meeting yesterday, because I had my Accounting class. Today is going to be my first meeting. Hopefully, I will gain some insights.

Tragically, I should get going. I was enjoying writing down these rambling. But not to worry.. my rambling has a long way to go!

No comments: