Friday, February 10, 2006

The Road not taken


It is Friday afternoon.. I walked towards to window and wonderfully gazed outside the heaven and saw nothing but lack of clouds so I stepped outside. The sun was shining but it was bitter cold outside. Must be around 20s. The weekend weather does not look that appealing.. Snow on Sunday.. Expect at least a foot of snow the weather reports says. It is cold.

I have not been to the gym for two days. My kneecap hurts. It is because of cold I presume. The pain was really throbbing yesterday but thanks to the “balm” I had, it helped a great deal. I will resume with my gym from tomorrow.

The IDEAS meeting at MIT was interesting. I found a group with my interest. Their project is concentrating on some rural development work in India. I think I will get involved.

Today is the Winter Olympic. It is taking place in Torrino. Italy. I was in Tokyo, 11th grade to be exact when the winder Olympic took place in Nagano. How thrilled we all were during our lunchtime to talk about Illa Kulik, the Russian Skater. I wonder if he is going to be there this time in Italy?

It is getting dark now. The figures of the trees silhouetted against the setting sun slowly disappear infront of my eyes. I can see the moon. It is cream ish colour at the moment. All is wonderful. The jazz music is soft and the late news is hidden somewhere behind my candle light and the mouths of the reporters utter no sounds to my tired ears and it is just tomorrow in her eyes, thats all.

People make too great of a variable in real life.There is no way to rationalize ..to predict or to gamble on people. Any minute event changes feelings, changes emotions.

Enjoy reading this poem. It is my favorite by Robert Frost.

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Oops, I forgot to divulge my innate character. I will unambiguously assert my ambivalence!

Surprised are you ? =)

No comments: