Sunday, February 26, 2006

Taj mahal


Winter Olympic finished today. I am watching the closing ceremony. Brilliant one I must say. It came and went just like the wind. I do not feel proud saying that I did not follow the game at all.

Saturday - It was snowing!!

Sunday-
Sunny but it is 8 degree outside that is like negative 20 c Brrr!

I look outside.. Light glances off the glacial yard and drive in spots... never as a whole... and it still blind you. Fields that end up as expansive mirrors for the sun and the moon, glassed over by snow, ice, and frozen rain put through the deep freeze kiln at night.

I had a throbbing headache last night and the night before. I do not know what the real cause is.

Must be cold.

I feel bit better though. Both Prasanna and I, we had signed up for the free practice test at Harvard, sadly, I did not make it through. I just could not get up.

With my usual round of morning coffee, I flip through the pages of the Wall Street Journal. The picture of TAJ MAHAL beautifully stands in the Art section. It has been exactly one year since our visit to Taj Mahal last year. I still vividly remember how the guards had stopped us both when they found out our Nepalese passports. We had actually told them we were Indians and had humbly denied on having any sort of Identification with us.(while completly fogetting about the two passports in my hand bag). How scared I was when the entire situation got even worse, when they saw the Japanese visa in my passport.


" I knew they were not Indians"- screamed the lady guard.

I had already imagined us inside the Indian Jails. Now it seems all funny thinking how we were trying to pretend we were Indian from Darjeeling. Thankfully, this bahadur police dai came to our rescue and let us in side the Tajmahal in peace.

The sight was simple breathtaking! Every time we looked at Taj, it looked different. The colour of its white marble changed throughout the day, from the waxy yellow at dawn through to the pastel blue gray of a full moon.

I must admit I was little bit disappointed when I first saw “ Mona Lisa.” It was smaller than what I had imagined and looked bit lost in the midst of roaring crowds. However, this is not the case of Taj. It does not disappoint the first time, nor the third….. and I am assuming, not even in your 50th time.

Paresh dai, my inspirer of the blog world =) got here from Barcelona on Friday night for Pushpa, his sister's wedding. We had gone to pick him up at airport and were mesmerized by the energy he had and how excited he sounded about his MBA experience. He really succeeded in convincing both of us to visit Barcelona, which is definitely on our next visit list.

Weekend was a fun one. We went to Puspha’s wedding on Saturday. It was nice meeting with everyone after a long time. Both the bride and groom looked very beautiful. The ambience was great and the food was excellent. What a GREAT combination. Sunday was relaxing day. Along with Sanjay, we went to Sommerville to grab some fresh “Jeri.” However, "swari" was not as good as we had anticipated.. but I guess we have to be lucky, we actually got to eat them. After the quick nibble, we went for a long drive.
Long drive around downtown. “Sade” was playing in the background and the drive was as smooth as her song.

My “flu” is in the remission for the time being. Won’t know till tomorrow. Thanks to the “tiger balm, Nyquil and the Vicks. I am having the second round of tea. Liquid is all I can think about. I also managed to finish the EXTRA large chicken soup at the “ Pho Pasteur.” My nose is mysteriously bruised. I suspect it is from the handkerchief… too much rubbing.

I think it is time to sleep. No time to give up,maybe it is a tool time. Hey, it is always a possibility =)

Have a great night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like your blogs...although i must admit i was very sad when you didnt respond to my question about paris but still.....anyway .....keep it going...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, I did not respond..
when is your trip to Paris?

Anonymous said...

hehe its rather late....i went to paris last month and i wanted to ask you how you managed with the language but no probs...i had a nice time.....keep blogging!!!get well soon.........

deepti bhattarai dhungel said...

My apologies for not replying to you. I hope you had the great time in the city of Love. You can manage without speaking without French did you not feel it?
I hope u had a great time.