Friday, February 24, 2006

Babi's visit to boston

Somber but content afternoon.

The road looks quite empty but I suspect it always is during this type of weather.

The aroma of the coffee beautifully captures the entire living room.


Once again. Back in my favourite sofa with a lukewarm cup of coffee and surrounded by my friendly, yet difficult accounting books.

Decided to take a quick break.. opened my laptop and thought about writing a blog.. the long over due one.

Hastily, I turn on the tv- soothing song pops on- the song makes me smile. The background is nice. Why would a song, which I have only heard for the first time brought smile in my face I wonder? Or perhaps, I am listening it all wrong and grasping a wrong interpretation.

However, feeling this music, my thoughts cleansed to the point where the mutinous one was very rare. As I listened to a particularly uplifting and yet subversively maddening song, I start to think…think and think. I have done lot of that lately. Nothing of any importance, mind you but nonetheless, my brain is doing its meager best to think! I would also like to acknowledge that I was not thinking about pretentious metaphors. Oh, the things, I could think. Or more aptly, things I could not think. I guess it depends on if you are a half full or a half empty type person.

My mind is like a train. Or, at least, when it is working, it is. It plows, chugs, chortles, whistles, and veers....but always manages to somehow stay on track. thank god ! :)

Anyways! Babi was here for the weekend. Babi is Prasanna’s grandmother. It was a short but very memorable and blissful stay and most of all! The weather was very nice. She came to Boston from Louisiana on Saturday evening. Sunday, we went for the scenic, or I should say OCEAN drive. Even though, the weather was bit chilly and windy, the sun made it a very “good” day. Monday was a “shopping day,” and we managed to hit almost all the possible stores. IKEA, Prudential, Galleria, Filenes, Target..to name a few.That evening, we had Prasanna’s delicious IRANIAN pilaf- The one is a MUST to have from his great lists of food =)Tuesday was a relaxing day. After the quick lunch, Babi and I, took and bus and the T, and then went to the downtown. Babi thought Boston's T was more bigger than the Tube in London. Very very true I thought! The weather was nice. Mediocre day I suppose. The sun was shinning and it was not as windy as rest of the weekend. We went to Filenes and Macys’s and did whole lot of shopping. It was a shopping fiesta. Shopping and more shopping. After the 4 day short stay in Boston, she left for LA on Wednesday.

Seeing her affection towards her grandson made me realize how much I missed my own grandmother. Didi, my grandmum from my dad side, passed away three years back. I really did not get to spend as much time as I wanted to. When we moved to Japan, we visited Nepal once every two years for the brief time of 2 months and that was it. How I wished I had more time to spend with them. All I have is her memories, which I will always cherish. I got to spend lot of time with my maternal grandmother “Ama.” My grandparents were in Mississippi during my junior and senior year of college and I got to spend lot of time with them then. I am very grateful for those days. I considered myself lucky to have gotten chance to spend with my grandparents in Nepal past summer. Being away from the loved once really made me realize not to take anything for granted.

In other news, I met with the associate director of Suffolk the other day. They have something called the “Global” MBA with a core concentration focused on International Business and that is my very interest. I have not decided on anything yet, but have let all my options open.

Uhhh—what else -Prerna, my friend came to visit me yesterday for our little “group” study. But I have to confess; it was more of a catching up time. She is a great cook and also taught me to make 3 delicious dishes. 1. Falafel 2. Lasagne and 3. Frankie. I am going to try the Falafal tonight.. hopefully it will go all well!

I got an email from Rakhi, the group leader from the MIT 50k. She wants to meet next Friday. Maybe, I might actually be involved in gathering some experiences out of this entrepreneurial competition. Hey, I always have room for more experiences!

and one more thing--- We watched " kabhi kabhi"-- what a beautiful movie it is. So simple yet, so Romantic and the songs and the dialogue.. can anyone beat this?

I cannot bear typing anymore. I apologize for the long silence… there was too much going on. Will try to be more consistent from now on.

No comments: