Friday, February 03, 2006

Weekend is here

Knowing the fact that I will not be writing for next two days (Did I mention tomorrow is the weekend and this week is the SUPERBOWL, so I am quite positive that I will not be writing), I decided to drop couple of lines today.

Rain, Rain and more Rain—that is the update of the weather outside. It is one of those bitter and gloomy days where you have absolute no mood to do anything at all. However, I did manage to do couple of things done. I went to the gym early morning and ran for about 45 min and I feel good and fresh! I am slowly recovering the out-of-shape phase.

Just made a round of FRESH coffee and about to write my quick blog for the day. Today is FRIDAY, it feels good knowing that weekend lies ahead of you. My cousin, Suravi is coming today and I am very excited. She is the same age as Priti, my sister actually 10 days younger to her. She is a freshman at Mount Holyoke and will be visiting us for the weekend. The last time I met her was at my other cousin’s wedding in Dallas.

Do not know Weekends hold. Always something exciting for sure. Carpe Diem! That is how I like to follow everyday! =) Carpe Diem? Confused? This line is from the movie,“ Dead Poet Society,” one of my favorite ones, the bottom line here is “ SEIZE THE DAY,” just take the day as it comes and make the best out of it. So that is how our weekend is going to be.

Quick Update on “ The Alchemist, ”- I have yet to finish the book. It will be done the next time I write her. That is a Promise!

As I was reading the book it made me question what is there about change, freedom and dreaming that gets quenched as we move through life? We both live in fear: fear of social isolation, or fear that an event will occur again. Being afraid to dream means giving up some of the juice of life. You gain security by losing vitality.

One thing that this book has taught me for sure is that it is worth to have a few falls along the way if you get to hike up to the tallest mountain in your dreams.

Oopss…I think it is time for me to pick Suravi up.

So long for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blogs have become an addiction. sounds scary..but don't be....it is actually meant to be a compliment.. very fluid writing. I don't know how you do it...write about practically noting and yet make it sound so interesting!!!! keep up...you are a joy to read.

and oh..happy anniversary!