Thursday, February 02, 2006

happy anniversary

And so, the voyage continues………….

I quickly take a peep outside. The day looks wonderful. Even though it's not a bright, sunny day yet, the first ray has popped over the side of the hill.

Today again, I am the master of my own destiny. I need not construct a scaffold of time scheduling to ensure that all of my major things get done. I am free like a bird and with a control of own destiny.

I leave the house at 8:30 and head to the gym. I run for 45 min and was impressed with my staggering result. I had burned 400 calories. Considering it was my second day, I was quite impressed with it. Cardio is my only focus this whole week. I feel happy and relaxed. However, my body hurts. It hurts like anything. I think I am still in a major Out-of-shape phase. Now, I am back in the apt is and reading “ The Alchemist,” which is now almost over. Yeah!!


"When you really want something, the universe always conspires in your favor."

This is one of my favorite quotes from the book and it is filled with encouragement.It really gives you vibe and self-confidence when you know the “ universe” conspires in your favor.It does not mean you do not have to fight for it, but just knowing that things can be done if you pursue it aggresively gives you a bit of a relief.I really have been glued to this book for the past couple of days. Here is the brief rundown. It is a story about a boy, a Shepard who yearns to travel. He has a dream about going to Egypt and finding the hidden treasures. He faces with numerous hindrances along the way, but he has the will and power to continue looking for his destiny. This book is basically about following your dream. "The Alchemist", is an exciting novel that bursts with optimism; it is the kind of novel that tells you that everything is possible as long as you really want it to happen. It tells us we should not avoid our destinies, and urges people to follow their dreams.

While reading that book, my eyes wander off to the two beautiful bouquets that lays beautifully on the top of the kitchen table. I had received these yesterday for our anniversary. It was a GREAT surprise for me. I was very estatic. One was from my parents and the other one from my husband, Mr. D.

The flowers are beautiful and its beautiful aroma has managed to capture the entire room. I looked at it and smiled back. It is one of those special moments that does that to you. Just brings a smile in your face for no particular reason. Here it goes again, another SMILE =) What a memorable day it was. We have blissfully completed the first years of our marriage and entered into the second year. We got to talk with our family members from Nepal and Japan and got sweet emails from all the loved once bringing smiles to our faces. Unfortunately, I had a class last night and after the class we went to “ Island Hopper,” the Asian restaurant for dinner. Luck favored us and we did not spend a whole lot looking for parking. Food was delicious and the ambiance was fabulous. =)


Can I ask for more? It had been a Very GOOD day for me.

No comments: