Friday, March 17, 2006

Rejuvenating thoughts.....

I was in an alternate reality for the past few days. I was journeying, walking along a road. And here I am now; miraculously resting until the next headwind or bog picks me up. The journey was fun! ...Superb I must say

Today is the last day of my medication. I am getting better. The flue is gone.. dry cough, still exists! I really do not feel the compunction to write, but I feel like I should write something for I have been in the hibernation mode for a while. =)


The exciting news first—

Yesterday, I met with Randal, the winner of the APPRENTICE show last season. He is the Rhodes Scholar and got his education from MIT, Oxford and what not. I had the 50k meeting(Yes, I am involved at the MIT 50k competition and hopefully our idea will get selected for the semi-final round) at the Marriot hotel in Kendal square and as we were wrapping up, this huge guy with a black over coat comes down the escelator.


He looks somewhat familiar. “ Isn’t that Randal from Apprentice,” I ecstatically told Jay, my fellow colleague who also happened to be the fan of the show?

Yesss...

We hurriedly walked towards Randal, shook his hand and had a brief talk.

My first question to him was “ Why did you not let Rebecca, (his competitor) to be the Apprentii as well”? Donald Trump had actually asked him if he would let Rebecca to be an apprentice as well.

“ I was clearly the winner and I did not want to share my gold medal with anyone but myself," Fair enough, I suppose!

Upon answering the question on how it was working at the Trump tower, he gleefully replied saying, " It's been a GREAT experience." I am sure..working with the Tycoon of NY must be an experience.

As we were talking with him,couple of other guys also came and shook his hand. There were people in the hotel who had no idea who he was. It looked funny. I only wished I had the camera and I was so excited that I completely forgot to take his autograph. Oh well... next time..

Lot has happened last week...... I was sick.. ugghhhhhh....

- Despite my sickness, Prasanna and I, we managed to go see the BASKETBALL game. Celtic VS Miami Heat and saw SHAQ!! Celtic lost by 3 point.. but the game was really exciting.. The whole ambiance was very thrilling. We saw couple of players from the Patriots.

- Daddy ( my father- in –law) was here. He was in Sweden and Finland for a talk and came to visit us in Boston. We had a GREATTTT time with him. Unfortunately, the trip was just too short.

- Over the weekend went to Connecticut l to meet with one of his teachers’ family. The weather was Great, the family was very hospitable and the trip was fun. We also had a chance to get a quick tour of the YALE University which was sooo beautiful.

- On Sunday, we went to New Hampshire to visit Bhola dai at “ CafĂ© Momo.” Sunday was unpleasantly gloomy, but the overall ride was fun filled one. In the evening, after doing quick shopping at Filenes, we had a dinner at Penang =)

- Daddy, also gave a talk at Chalphal on the topic of " Constitutionalism and Democracy in Nepal ". The turnout was very good. There were total of 20 people and the talk indeed was very interesting. For people who had no idea of what was going on in Nepal, this talk was very detail and helpful.

- Along with Daddy, I also got to attend the Talk show at the Harvard JFK school given by Shobha Gautam, one of the popular women activist in Nepal and friend of daddy. The talk was on the “ Women’s perspective on the Issues of Maoist.” Who would have known, I got to meet with Shobha ji, in Boston, of all the places.

- Since Daddy, studied in MIT and JFk, he has lot of friends here in Boston. We also got chance to meet and network with his friends and professors and hear their stories.. this was a very nice experience for us..

We also managed to the movie “ Veer Zeera.” The movie is long and Ok I suppose, but the songs are beautifullllllll.

It is really suffocating in the house literally and figuratively. I guess it is the heat. It is cold outside, but with the heat it is so dry and makes me fatigued with the antibiotic. Maybe this is my cue to stop the blog.

Weekend is here.. no plans.. If you recall—I believe in Carpe Diem Style. We have borrowed the movie “AMELIE” from the library. I have already seen it. I want Mr. D to see it. This is a very good French movie If you have not seen it. The actress of this movie is going to be playing with Tom Hanks in "Da Vinci Code."


What else-- Ah! it feels good to be back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know you are back. I had warned you about the flu. It will hold you down for more than a week. I hope you feel better now. It seems like you had a great time with your father.

Anonymous said...

man i missed your blogs!!!!!!!!great to have u back!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

man i missed your blogs!!!!!great to have you back!!!!