Friday, March 31, 2006

SPRING

I did not go to the gym today. Intolerable stomach cramp. Already have had 2 Tylenols and yet the cramp has not subsided. It surly is going to be one dreary day for me.
Rather than wasting my time sleeping, I decided to get up and make a fresh round of coffee and enjoy the morning routine of reading newspapers regardless of the pain.

I slip out of my pajamas,put on my rough looking jeans and quickly put on a cap to hide my rugged look and headed outside. The puddles ahead of me loomed large and soggy. With the remnants of a bad back, I attempted to step around them with as much agility as I could muster.

Why is there a puddle when it is such a sunny day? Maybe some inconsiderate person tried to wash their car and did not even manage to clean the mess. Usually, I use my front door to check my mails, however, since I had no exercise today, I decided to use the back door and this is what I had to deal with.

The puddle with just enough depth to force me to get my slippers wet, stared at me saying, “ I dare you to walk on top of me.” Why would I want to ruin my day walking on top of you, I thought, and quickly closed the door behind and walked back to my apartment and used the front door.

I was beginning to get exhausted. Exhausted of not doing anything. My stomach pain is not getting any better.




I got an email from my brother this morning. He had sent me a picture of “Sakura.” Cherry blossom. So, I guess SPRING has arrived. Looking at those pictures, I was reminiscing back my days in Japan. We used to live in a place called “ Sakura Shimanchi,” which means town of Sakura, and during this season the streets would be filled with Sakura. Over the weekends, all the roads would be blocked and there would be concerts, games and picnics. Really nice time of the year and I would just love riding my bikes enjoying the sakuras. It seems ages now.

The picture above is nearby my parent’s house in Tokyo.Across their apartment, they have a a long canal surrounded by sakura trees which is very popular for running, jogging, taking your dog to walk..all sort of doing relaxing thing. I used to run along this canal every night in summer with cool summer breeze. Three years back I was in DC around the spring time and it felt like Japan. Sakuras everywhere.

Well, spring is officially here. At least as official as weather gets around here. Sure, we could have six inches of snow tomorrow and nobody would bat an eye, but we'll just trust that won't happen. Knowing BOSTON, anything could JUST happen.

Let us speak no more of winter. And we also get to enter daylight savings time. That's always something. Beats setting the clocks back, anyway, though then you get an extra hour of sleep. And, of course, spring also means Easter. On the way back from my gym, I always notice one store with the decoration of bunny and Easter eggs. I don't know if its just coincidence that it happens during spring, but it's fitting regardless. So the whole thing is just cool. Well, warmer than it was. You get my meaning, I trust.

On the side note, Day light saving will start from Second Sunday of March, next year. That’s not Spring, it is WINTER , Thanks to the 2005 Energy Policy Act)

That said; let me end this blog as my throbbing pain is haunting me. A round of hot milk and hot shower will do me good.

Prasanna’s friend from school, Sagar dai and his wife are here from Delaware and they will be joining us for dinner along with Motu dai and Ishwar dai.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must agree on the Cherri Blossom. It is one of the beautiful scenes. Being from Washington, I have been very lucky to be able to see it. but I really wonder if the one in Dc in as beautiful as Japan,it's true origins.