Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Beautiful day

Another beautiful day…

It is one of those days where you want to stay in the pool and happily soak up the sun.It looked sunny but as I was slowly walking home from the gym, I was bit disappointed when some clouds threw me into shadow.


Where did the SUN go??
Opening my eyes under my sunglasses, I stared straight up into the sky where the thunderheads were rolling in, one after another like celestial anvils. Storms mesmerize me.

Here is how the scenario looked like: Picture a stormy ocean in your head, now whitewash it: turn the deep blues to a transparent azure, the whitecaps to a brilliant white against the blue and the shadows beneath the wave crests from dark to charcoal grey. That is what the sky looked like, pockets of thunderheads with menacing gray centers.


These crazy weathers!!! they are like chameleon changing their pattern whenever they want. Really hard to trust them… and now look at this… all the thunderclouds are gone and it is sunnnnnyyyy again.

Dreams

A while back I started to get this déjà vu moments that would knock me off by my feet.Suddenly I would see something and it would bring back almost total but vague recognition of something I had felt there before. It’s really hard to explain. Dreams I had, I assume, would flood my mind, having dealt with that place. I would see the things I had seen before and feel the way I felt. It was more a flood of emotion than anything else. Welling up and overtaking me.

There is a time, I think, that this all stems from. In between sleeping and waking up there is a period where I hate dreaming such dreams and hate realizing they are slipping away. It is a terrible deep down sickness that makes my eyes squint and make me roll over and stuff my face in the pillow.Arghhh! There is so much physical distance in them; yet the difference in concept is uncanny.

It is bit ironic, if you look at the Nepali calendar, where they actually have the translation of your dream. Somehow it cannot be any more obtuse. Like really, if you see a bottle of a beer in your dream.. You will have a great source of income..

So much for the dream… What else…..

I’ve been going on a journey, a wild ride, a rush of emotions like a roller coaster, and now the wind is dying down.

Keeping up with WSJ somewhat seems impossible. Everyday, the newspaper feels more and more thicker. I guess it is good that Prasanna has an immense interest in reading this. Usually, he recommends me to read the article of his interest (which usually matches my interest as well) and then only would I take the initiative of reading it. Otherwise, it is just quick skimming...

For instance, I am currently reading an article titled “ Democracy isn’t Western,’ by Amartya Sen, a world renowned economist and a Nobel Prize winner in Economics. What I strongly agree with this is on the idea that the determinism of culture is increasingly used in contempory global discussions to generate pessissimism about the feasibility of a democratic state, or of a flourishing enonomy.

I would not have known about his article had it not been for Mr. D. Sometimes, there are so many articles and I have no patience to go through each one of them. My solution is to quickly read the headlines and my the time I need the editorial section, I am already tierd. But for the articles recommended my Prasanna, which are usually interesting ones, I usually make an effort to do the detailed reading.

I have a class today.. so I gotta go and prepare.

With that, I close my labtop and give you a hearty farewell… Adieu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on WSJ. I am fumbling to read it myself. There are just too many pages and overloaded with work, I do not have enough time to read it page by page and therefore read it selectively.
Do write down if there are any "must" read articles.
Thank you.