Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Amnesty International

The Semester is almost over…

Walking around campus this time of year is always a treat. There's a lot of stress, obviously, as finals come bearing down on everybody but a few annoying miscreants. But that's combined with an excitement to be done with the semester and an appreciation for the warmer weather =)

I have a big Accounting Paper waiting for me on my class tomorrow. As I have mentioned in my previous blog, I have been bit occupied with my school projects.

Here is my quick update on what has been the exciting news… These events need a special blog, but it is worth mentioning on this one as well.




I was in New York last Friday for THE AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL’s Human Rights demonstration. The main issues for this year was:

· Genocide in Darfur, Sudan
· Political Repression in Ethopia
· Femicide in Guatemala
· Corporate Complicity in Internet Censorship in China.

Our venue was:

· UN building
· Sudanese Consulate
· Ethiopian Consulate
· Guatemalan Embassy
· Chinese Embassy

It would have been fun to see President Hu’s reaction but I believe he was in DC with President Bush.

What a great day it was!!!!

This was my Second Demonstration for Amnesty. The first one was at Copley with the Amnesty for “ Child Labor” in Nepal.

This is all I am going to write for now, but I will be writing my experience in detail. It was indeed a lifetime experience for me.

Good news for Nepal. The King reinstated the dissolved Parliament and the people are celebrating the victory rallies. Hopefully everything will be stable now. However, with the Maoist demanding the unconditional constituent assembly election, we actually cannot be sure of anything.

- Try finding me in the picture above =)

So long for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. you are involved with Amnesty. Very impressive.
Good job and all the best!

Anonymous said...

have you watched the news recently? sounds like there is a streak of hope shining for the people of Darfur.
Let's hope this will end the violence.