Thursday, June 22, 2006

Who will go to the next round ?

Now that summer is here, it is really hard to sleep with our windows closed. However, if we do sleep with our windows open, being next to the road and the fire brigade, it actually will be very difficult for us to have a good night sleep. The dreaming of "peaceful nights" are gone for us. The roaring, the honking will now welcome our new day!

This morning I woke up with a sharp pain( and no! not from the noises) in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen, and for about 10 minutes I was convinced I had appendicitis. However, I fell back asleep and when I woke up an hour later, the pain was gone. I must have eaten a lot night last I suppose. Prasanna was up quite early this morning. When I woke up at 6:30, he was already in front of his computer and was talking with his colleagues in Nepal.He was trying to solve something...some engineering things he says. I could hear him talk about cheques,
"debit" and "credit" stuff.He had already made the coffee and the aroma had already captured the room. It felt fresh and nice. I love the smell of the coffee, especially when you get up in the morning and if you get to smell this beautiful aroma, it just makes your day!

World cup wise… it is USA Vs Ghana and Japan Vs Brazil. The game has just started. Truthfully speaking, Ghana is likely to win. (and Ghana just made it’s first goal).Had it been an afternoon game, I would have gone to the “Phoenix Landing” to watch the game but since it is in the morning, I decided to watch it from home. Brazil plays Japan in about 7 hours. I might go, not really sure though. It is fun to watch it with a crowd and rooting for a team.

My prediction is 2-0. I really want Japan to win but the chance is very slim, 5% to be exact. Japan has a good team but they just seem lost as of lately. It is quite ironic that Zico, the Japanese coach is from Brazil. Even if they win against Brazil, they will need the other result between Croatia and Australia to go their way to stand any chance of making it to the next round.

Will Japan beat Brazil? -This statement will resonate in my mind for next few hours, till 5 o'clock to be exact.Certainly, it's possible, but definitely not probable... RIGHT?


Yes, I still need to wrap up the Journal. Not to worry, I will soon!

No comments: