Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The namesake

The book is Finally here :)

Ashima and Ashoke Ganguli are recent immigrants to Boston from India in 1968 when they give birth to their first child, a son. Their son ends up with the pet name of Gogul, when his "supposed name" never arrives from India. Gogul despises his name and grows up as American as he can while his parents cling to their Bengali past while living what appears to be a typical American suburban lifestyle.

This book is about your IDENTITY! Identity of an Immigrant.

I have been practically glued to this book. It is half done. Maybe one more day and it will be done! It really is very interesting. What makes it even more exciting is the fact that the setting is in Boston. I can totally relate to all the places... it is like watching a movie in my mind! :)

Other than that..I went running with Pras this evening. I ran all the way to the gym and back and couple of minutes in the treadmill. I am tired.

No comments: