Friday, July 21, 2006

Reading

The book is Great. It is almost over. I should be done in next hour or two.

Not only has Jhumpa Lahiri come to terms with her own hyphenated identity as an Indian-American, she has embraced the condition she shares with so many. The immigration experience, something she calls a “frequently humiliating process,” is explored in detail in this book.

I am a fan of hers now. “Interpreter of Maladies” is another popular one from her. Hopefully, I will find it in the library. The next one in my list is the “World is Flat.” I have made a quick skim of the book at the Harvard Coop but I still am eagerly waiting to read it.

“The Kite Runner” - Khaled Hosseini is another one in my list. Hopefully I will be able to read it all before the school starts.

It is hot outside. You can go on and on for hours and hours but still nothing in this hot and humid weather. Motion is excessive. Stillness, tightening and knotting. My feet hurt. Been out of shape AGAIN! Two days of running and my whole body hurts.

And I am happy…

Weekend is here. We are excited about Ghulam Ali tomorrow.

Planning to watch a movie called Kolya- it is a winner of the “ Best Foreign Film.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"interpreter of maladies" is a good book.... i was hooked to it.... i'm sure u'll enjoy it too....

u'r friend in arlington :))