Saturday, August 19, 2006

Desert


Another torrid morning!

My neck is hot and my mouth parched. I have been drinking water, yet, I feel very dry.

Just as I thought the summer was almost over, everything comes back again.

I am walking endlessly. I look tired, rugged and ugly. I cannot go any further. There is not a sign of a single soul. I try to scream but I cannot utter a thing. I can feel someone gagging me. Desert is all I see everywhere. I yearn for water. Slowly, I can feel my legs becoming numb. I am certain that I will not be able to count on this for long. It hurts. I have blisters everywhere.

Where am I going? Why am I alone? Since I could not find anyone to come with me, I had decided to come alone. I regretted my mistake at once. Here, I was lonely in a complete isolation and not a single soul to fetch me water. The sky however looked very clear. I wished it would rain. I have a shawl around my head. Am I in Egypt? I don’t know where I am. I see no sign of a Pyramid or a camel.

I see someone. A shadow! The person beckoned me reluctantly. I try to follow him. He disappears.

Again, I am all alone.

Desert is what lies in front of me. Suddenly, I feel like Santiago, the boy in the book
“ Alchemist,” in search of my own true destiny. I hear a roar in the sky. It is a thunderstorm. I feel myself completely drenched. It feels like heaven.


I smile.

The Alarm rings.It is time for me to get up.

Crazy dream isn't it?

No comments: