Friday, August 18, 2006

freind

I just took a walk outside, just to experience the intense heat. The sweat made me believe that my body is still alive.

I am having a good time with my friend Sujata (that explains why no blog for past two days)chatting and reminiscing our old highschool days. We were in St Marys for 9 years. Prep till 8th grade. University starts next week and I have loads of stuff to do prior to that. Yesterday, we took a stroll around the downtown and it was really nice. we had lot to catch up since it had been almost 10 years. Both of us had been in two different roads. It was really nice hearing her stories about her recent trip to South Africa, Sri lanka and Singapore. We Had a long walk enjoying the enchanting and beautiful evening. We even managed to go to the Krishna mandir and attended the arati. It was a very blissful night :)

Remember the book that was on my list—“The kite runner.” My friend is reading it. She says it is very nice. I am jealous. I really want to read it. She also suggested a book called “Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found” by Suketu Mehta. So many books that I want to read and so less time.. arghhhh…I wish I had more time. Even though I have not been to Bombay, I somehow feel that I can relate to the city. Really don’t know why though.

I hope that my love for the books will only grow stronger in the days ahead, though everybody is writing a book these days. The famous people of every walk of life - including the politicians - hire the writers to tell their stories to the world, if they do not themselves have the skills, to write them.


Another interesting read would be “ Forget Kathmandu."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is your friend the same person who won the watson fellowship?