Tuesday, August 01, 2006

music gadget

I counted – There were about 15 people all together at the Harvard Square. I do not think I missed anyone. How could I? Those things are so obvious. White headphones clinging outside their t.shirts. Any guesses?? :) What can that be none other than the famous IPOD!!

These supposedly intelligent people cannot bear to strut around campus without some kind of electronic noise generator stuck in their ear. If they're not bellowing inane platitudes into a mobile phone, they're listening to inane music on an iPod. I have no idea what deep thoughts these people are trying to suppress from their heads, but judging by their vacant expressions I would be surprised if it was worth the effort.

iPod culture seems to have flooded everywhere in the United States and I don’t deny on this. Almost everybody seems to be holding different colors of iPods walking around on campus/bus/schools. This is the trend; this is the culture, which, apparently, are blind; being meaningless to comment on whether the group phenomenon be good or bad; being pointless to draw black or white definitions on an abstract cultural phenomenon.


I personally don't have an iPod and am not planning to get one. Simply because I don't like it, though it could allow me to, store huge files plus data, and listen to music, but that doesn't mean I have to discriminate people owning one. As I said, this is the trend; this is the culture for the time being, so who to blame; who to judge.

I shamelessy have to confess that I returned the book, The world is flat without even completing it. I just could not do it. I plan to go back and check out again. In the mean time, I have started my focus on the second one.. Lahiri's. Apartment hunting is making us go CRAZYY!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck apartment hunting!!!!and i completely agree with the ipods they r everywhere....and i simply dont like it!!!!!!probably coz i dont own one hehe!!!