Monday, October 16, 2006

life

“Such are the vagaries of life.”

Reluctantly, I have started to believe in this sentence. Mr. D used to say and still says this every time I tell him something—any happy or sad things-- or anything at all.

I've been doing a lot of reflection lately. Even though I have been avoiding the literal meaning of this sentence, I have gradually started to believe in it.

Do I want to?

If I had choice, I would not.

I would like to undo lot of things. Yet! I cannot.

Why?

“Because such are the vagaries of life”

One moment you are happy and in a matter of a second you can be a total darkness.

Harder to understand is the cycle of life that mistakenly assumes that we have taken time to understand everything when the truth of the fact is no one has! Not even the most philosophical person.

Life is simple -everyone claims.

And yet, without a doubt, I humbly admit that life is unfair and it is dubious.

I want to go on and on and I wanto to CRY -- just CRY— sadly what is done cannot be undone and it is best if I put a full stop right now.

Classes are going on. It has been busy. It is the networking week they say. Did little bit of a mingle with the other MBA students today.

I attended the panel discussion of Felix Rodriguez, The CEO of CITGO. He opened his speech with a quote, “London has Big Ben, France has Eiffel tower and Boston has the CITGO Even though this sign has been one of the oldest landmark in the city of Boston, never did I know the fact that this company was actually from Venezuela.

The overall lecture series was ok. Honestly speaking, I was not as impressed as I had compared to the ones I have seen. So far, the best one for me was from Lord Ian Brown, the CEO of BP. That old man is filled with fire and that is how a good leader should be I think. Well, that is the image I have of a good leader.

A leader with a DRIVE, A leader with a chutzpa!

My marketing class was fun. We did a case study of ADIDAS and Cartier. Two powerful brands with two different marketing strategy and niche. One thing that I realize when I talk about this topic is the passion I have with the topic of “Brand.” I had worked in a brand department at Nissan and had enjoyed tremendously. This is what I would like to do in future.

It is about 12:00 am. I just finished my Stat homework. Mr. D is doing his work and I am taking a break. I thought I would catch up with the blog. I am also watching “The Charlie Rose Show,” one program that I have not stopped watching since the sophomore year in college. I love this show. Rarely on television can you find intelligent, sustained conversation between grown-ups about subjects that are genuinely interesting. Charlie Rose is INDEED an exception.

I had chance to watch, Bill gates and Warrant buffet, Vinod khosla, Amartya sen and he is interviewing Mr. Mikhail Gorbachev tomorrow. Right now, Mr. Rose is interviewing Paul Volcker, the president of World Bank and Nandan Nilekan,the CEO of INFOSYS.Last week, I had a chance to watch the interview of George Soros and John Grishm, my favourite author.

Let me share one interesting thing! I have managed to watch most of the movies based on his book. The favorite one so far has been “The firm” and “The runaway juries.”

I have a long day tomorrow. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI Citgo is very much from venezuela and people in boston wanted that name to be removed just a couple of weeks ago when the the venezuelan president called President Bush MONSTER in UN General assembly!!!!!!!!!!!!