Thursday, October 12, 2006

regular

WOW- The power of North Korea!

Like The NY time quoted "Korea's announcement to set of a nuclear trest only offers frightening proof of the Bush Administration's diplomatic incompetences and failure of imagination." By announcing that it has conducted a nuclear test, they have certainly ensured the beginning of another possible war. This indeed signals the catastrophic future. I guess such are the vageris of life I suppose.

Another big news over the weekend!

The acqusition of YOUTUBE!!

YOu tube has been something of an overnight sensation-- truly. People are wathcing movies, music etc. I have to admit that this is where I had watch the insipiring interview of Mr. Laxmi mittaland ofcourse, MR Zidanne's interview after the W. cup final.

You tube really has spread like a wild fire since it officially debuted last december. The company is now acquired by GOOGLE for $1.6 billion. According to the WSJ, consumers have watced the NIKE commercial featuring "Ronadhinio : Touch of Gold more than seven million times."This clearly shows a potentinal of capturing great marketing publicity.

Weekend rundown:

Nothing exciting-- same as usual I guess.

I had a chance to quickly flip through the FORBES magazine and was amazed and VERY happy to read that the newly appointed CEO of PEPSI is- a FEMALE and she is from INDIA. SHe is MRS. INDRA k. NOOYI. I was so very thrilled to read about her. She should be a ROLE MODEL to all of us-- who wants to conquer the business world.The more interesting thing is that she has been known to wear traditional Indian saris to her inaugral functions. Her ascension has made her an epitome for executives in India as well as in America.She definelty will be my ROLE MODEL!!

We also had a chance to watch the movie "corporate." I have to admit that the movie has been depicted very well. Corporate world indeed means knowing a little more than the competitors. It is a good movie and to top it all of, the print was very good as well.

Saturday, we went to have a brunch at the " neighbourhood" with sanjay and sujata. Sunday night dinner at Yadav's was Good. We had the luxury of eating the delicious pasta.

( this was actually written on Tuesday--and I am just posting in today-- i.e Thursday)

I went to the "Jerusulam Women Speak" today at Northeastern University. I was very very touched and inspired by these courageous ladies. There were three ladies from Gaza, Bethlehem and Israel with a background of Muslim, Christian and Jewish - all with one view " to have a peace in the middle east." I want to write more on this because this event did have an imapct on me in a certain way!

No comments: