Tuesday, November 14, 2006

snippets

Boston is cold again. The air is so cold - you can feel it like a wall when you step outside the front door. Yesterday was really nice. Sunny and high 50s I think. Today… rain and more rain.

Both Prasanna and I, we needed a BREEEaaaak. It had been a longgg week for both of us.On Sunday, despite the crazy weather, we still decided to go for a quick spin. We were listening to the Jazz cd that Shailendra dai had made me last week. The sound was so mesmersing that we cared less about the Havoc outside. We kept driving and ended up going all the way to the JFK library. Neither of us had gone to this library, so we both thoroughly enjoyed every bit of that trip. I have been to the one is
Dallas, where the president was shot; however, it was not anything close to the one we went on Saturday.The museum was really nice. We also managed to watch a quick documentary on the “Cuban Missile Crisis” during Kennedy’s Era.

In sum, this weekend was bit relaxing as compared to the other ones --- mainly becuase I had handed my Accounting midterm. I have two huge presentations coming up next week so this week so far has already been CRAZYY BUSY. Since both of us are so busy with work and school, I decided to take a break and decided to make 4 dishes last weekend--- which hopefully will last for at least 3 days. ( It is the second day and we still have some so far :)

Lately I have been captivated with “The kite runner.” I always read this on the way to school and back home, however, the story has become too addictive and I cannot seem to stop reading it. It has become a daily part of my routine I wonder what I am going to do once I finish it. I have been enjoying the book so much that I do not want to get off the train. I want to go on and on... The book is really very touching. It depicts an epitome of struggle. Struggle of Amir, the rich kid. Only after reading the book, I have realized how much similarity there is between Nepali – or I should say Hindi and Afghani. Some of the words like Zindgai , khushi, mehaman, bakshish - Some how reading this book has made me real familiar with the Afghani world.

I think this will a good movie if they ever decide to direct it.

Last week was a good week. I attended two networking event. I had a chance to talk and shake hands ( I try to put lot of emphasis on the shaking hand part as you might have noticed) with Mr. Arthur Frey, the inventor of Post it. His story was really inspiring. Really, talking with people like this makes you realize the essential of being a failure. I would say Failure is GOOD! You will stop and reflect back and become stronger. I say life could be mundane if you do not have challenges in front of you. IF you fail, you will struggle and try to do your best the second or the third time.

Art Fry’s story was one like that. Prior to inventing the final product of “Post –it” he had failed several times--- and look where his product is now.

Thursday morning, I attended another event called “Innovation and Design.” This was organized by my professor—the professor I work for. Very interesting event of course. They had a panel discussion with a professionals from five different backgrounds- -who all shared similarity about the topic of Design and Innovation. Working with my professor, I have come to realize the importance of Design factor in any successful companies. I agree that by delivering the best design, you can clearly appeal to the market. Even though this was one of the morning events—yup! 7:30 am one—I am so glad that I went to attend.

I am the midst of reading the case, “ IKEA Invades America.” Interesting case. I have class in about an hour—and honestly speaking I am already quite drained.

Tomorrow, I am planning to attend the talk by Yoram Peri, Former Political Advisor to Yitzhak Rabin. I am always excited to meet with these leaders. Their talks always inspire me. Oopsss--- I think it is about time for me to head to my class. Au Revior mon amie.

No comments: