Wednesday, November 08, 2006

midterm

I am done with my Accounting mid-term. Ah! What a relief. Now, I have two more presentation lined up and finally, I can take some break before the Final. I am taking a break from my studies. The weather outside is awfully gloomy and the rain makes it even worse. Prasanna’s got fever. He is sleeping. It is a flue season and I am trying my best not to let them attack me.

Good news back home. There has been a mutual agreement with the Maoist and the Government. We have hope. I see light at the end of the tunnel. I am very optimistic about the peace process in Nepal. When my parents went Nepal 2 weeks back, they really had to hard time finding the ticket right away because everything was sold out. This is a good sign. It seems to me that Tourists Industry have been revamped again. It indeed is a time for felicitation.

Another interesting news—Sadam’s Final verdict on Sunday morning.

What was with the deal with judge’s remark though? “You were not a dictator. You were not a dictator, however, the people and surrounding around you created a dictator out of you.” Seriously, how could anyone say that the man charged with murdering ten of thousands of his compatriots was not a dictator? Either way this remark unleashed a storm of criticism.I am still pondering about this whole thing. This incident some how made me reflect back upon the Slovadan Milosevic trail. Treacherous leaders like these have pawned upon the life on very innocent civilians.

Boston Beer Company

On our Marketing class on Monday, we took a trip to the Boston Beer Company plant. Boston Beer Company manufactures the most famous SAM ADAMS beer. It was an interesting tour. I am much fond of wine, so honestly speaking; I did not have much of a zeal. The overall trip was interesting one I would say. The pungent smell of barley and yeast was what bothered me all the time.

Weekend was good.

I have officially entered the esteemed post quarter century club denoted by Mr. Prasanna. Saturday was bit relaxing. I did a little bit of studying and reading.

Sunday was GREAT!

The weather was great. (Suddenly, I have come to realize how much impact the weather has on our behavior ) Prasanna sang me one of my favorite songs from crossroads. Then we had the honour of having a brunch and dinner at the Yadav residence. Shailendra Dai and Sanjay made us a GREAT waffle brunch. For Dinner, we had the combination of great curry with little bit of wine accompanied by Great Jazz music. I had a great day.

J'aime J'adore. Il est tres magnificient. merci beaucoup ma mari :) Yup! I learned french for two years . I even had a tutor ( Son of famous poet Laxmi Prasad devkota) when I had gone home for summer in my junior year of my high school.

I need to get back to studying ----

I am interested in investigating questions of the mind, in my mind, and do I mind? Yes, I do. That is in fact why I am here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sadam deserves to get hanged !