Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to school

I am slowly getting accustomed to my old schedules.

I do miss Tokyo. The craziness I suppose. Whether you want to call it spontaneity or chaos, there are a million different Tokyo moments that can catch you off-guard and sweep you off your feet. During the day it can seem bleak and endless, but at night it's exciting, breathless, illuminated by a thousand pulsing lights. Anything can happen here -- stuff so strange, you couldn't make it up.

Jet lag is still lurking over me. I do not know when it will go. I got up 4 am in the morning, and after being awake for almost an hour and half, I fell asleep and got up again at 6 and without my realization, it was time for me to go to school.

Yup! Today was my first day of School for this semester. I had a class called “Global Information Management for Competitive Advantage.” Interesting course I must add-----as it left me awake throughout the class.

One of the chapters we are going to cover is about “Knowledge Management.”

Knowledge management refers to a range of practices used by organisations to identify, create, represent, and distribute knowledge for reuse, awareness and learning across the organization.

Honestly speaking I was quite ignorant of this topic until my dad told me. My dad is in Bangkok right now for the “Knowledge Management” seminar. Knowledge is a powerful tool and the more effectively we manage it, the better off we are.

I also had a quick appointment with my Professor. For this semester, my task is to conduct a thorough research on the demand factor of the Designers. What do designers wish to get out of their further education? Where would they utilise this education. My professor is publishing an article in one of the Design Management Journals. Even though, this topic sounds quite strange, it actually is an amalgamation of both Marketing and Design field.

It is really cold outside and waiting for bus was a nightmare. The only thing I enjoyed was reading the book. Mr. Mehta’s book is still not done. I am enjoying reading Mr. Mehta’s perspective on the city. The book is written in such a detail that I, as a reader feel as if I am one of the characters wandering in the street of Mumbai. It is sort of like a intoxication. Once you start it you cannot stop..The book keeps on getting interesting and I get more curious about the city-- the Mumbai city!!

My reading list keeps on growing and the time keeps on shrinking….

Tomorrow, my second day of school this year, hopefully it is going to be either deeply unproductive or astoundingly productive, or possibly both for me.

That being said, I bid a humble Adieu!

No comments: