Friday, January 12, 2007

Back

I woke up in Boston on a balmy morning to find a sunny day outside my window. I got woken up by the car honks outside the Mass Ave. It took me a while to realize whether I was still lying in my brother’s room or in my own room. The emptiness in the apartment clarified my ambiguity. I was indeed back in Boston. Being home with my Mum for past couple of days made me kind of spoilt. I wished Prasanna did not have to go to work today.

I left Tokyo on Thursday afternoon. at 10:30 am in the morning to be precise. My flight was at 3:30, however, I had to leave early as the airport is 4 hours away from the city. Quite a long commute. My flight from Seattle was o.k. I tried to sleep but could not. I continued with Mr. Mehta’s book which took me to the whole different world.. —I have yet to finish that. In the second half of my flight, I entertained myself with the movie,“The Queen.”

This is a nicely depicted documentary but it really left me pondering on whether the characters were actually correctly portrayed. Why was “Philip,” husband of Queen Elizabeth so cold? Why was did the monarchy made such a big deal about having their flags half down to show the sympathy for the death of the princess. When the whole world is mourning, why was it such a big deal for the royals? And most of all, why was the queen so hesitant about delivering a speech post the accident of princess. If the movie is indeed portrayed correctly, then I must admit that I am very much in side of Prime Minister Tony Blair, who took control of the situation very nicely. For a recently appointed Prime Minister, I admire him for the way he stood for his belief. In sum, I really liked the documentary. You really get to witness a whole new side of the so called – “British Monarchy.”

The latter half, I watched the movie, "Khosla Ka Bhosla" and I really enjoyed it. It is a funny movie. Worth seeing- I must say. I landed at the Seattle Airport at 7:00 in the morning and it was unbelievingly pitch dark. It was like landing at 7 at night. As the sun gradually started glaring up, I could really enjoy the beautiful city of Seattle covered with white snow. It looked beautiful.

I had to kill few hours. Feeling drowsy and sleepy, I decided to sit and continue with my book. No luck! Because I was so sleepy, I could not even manage reading a single page. Then something interesting caught my attention. Mr. David Beckham was on the T.V. The news was that Beckham had recently signed with the LA soccer team to promote the “Football” here in the US. Wow, David actually left Real Madrid to come to a country where the word football means different thing. Regardless of that, David and his wife will become successful in stealing the attention.

My flight was long. From Seattle, I flew to D. C and then finally to Boston at 11:30 at night. It was a longgg day for me. But I forgot everything----all my jet lag, all my pains… after I saw my lovely husband waiting at the airport. This is the ONLY thing that I looked forward to coming Boston for.It was good to be home..!!

No comments: