Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yokohama

I went to Yokohama city today. Another beautiful and second largest city of Japan that I really love. It is not as crowded as Tokyo and with the bay by its side, the city is even more beautiful. I had a lunch appointment with my old bosses. They both used to work at the Nissan HQ in Ginza, Tokyo but recently been transferred to Yokohama’s branch. This was good as it gave me a reason to visit the beautiful city of Yokohama.

I left the house at 11:00 pm—the actually plan I had was to leave the house at 10:30 so that it would give me enough time to get enjoy the beautiful city. However I kind of overslept and left the house bit late. I was worried that it would take me more than to reach by destination, however, luck favored me as I managed to catch the express train and got to the exact location at 5 min before the hour.

Lunch was good. We went to an Italian restaurant. Even though I am in touch with them through an e-mail, I had not seen them for almost 3 years. Last time, both Prasanna and I were in Tokyo for only 4 days and I did not have chance to visit them then. It was nice seeing them after so long. We had some "Marketing" talk.Since the Japanese market has matured a bit; Nissan is now interested in developing new strategies in Asia. Who knows, I could be very well working in the Nissan Asian branch in near future. Working in Nissan has really been one of my best experiences. It helped me find my true interest in Global
Marketing.

After the lunch, I enjoyed the view of “RAINBOW BRIDGE” and the glimmering cityscape that reflected on the water. This bridge is so heavenly beautiful at night. Strange enough, every time I listen to a Jazz music, this is the picture that pops into back of my mind. Not a single clue why…. ?? When I was working at Nissan, I had the chance to test drive the new Toyota model in this bridge and boy, it was fun!! I am still quite astonished by the fact that this bridge is two stories. Heavy trucks drive on the top and the regular car drive on the bottom lane

Is sum, I had a great day today. More flashback of my olden days :)

No comments: