Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My day

The alarm clock buzzed at 6: 45 in the morning. After snoozing for about 4 times, I finally decide to drag myself out from the bed. " I have a meeting in the morning-" - Prasanna had warned me before going to bed last night. This meant getting ready by 8:15...Reluctantly; I forced myself out from the bed. We went to bed at 1:00 in the morning. I had the case-writeup due this morning. I wished I had more time to sleep. I also had a meeting with one of my professors at 9:30. As I head to take the shower,Prasanna rolls out from the bed and heads to the coffee machine.. Perfect aroma in the apartment. We quickly got dressed and head out for the brand new day. :)

The train is awfully crowded. I have my book with me and I care less. Crammed in the crowd, I start to enter the Desai world. The book is getting more interesting and soon comes the " Park Street" station. Time for me to get off. I have a morning class today. We are discussing about the “Providian Trust" case. Intersting case about Reenginnering and Transforming the organizational structure. I got my first case back. I am happy:) My grade took me by complete surprise:)

After the class, I quickly grab a bowl of soup and three power bars and head to the library to do my Corporate Finance homework. The books that I have bought at the ebay has not arrived yet. I am sitting in the library's reference room trying to get hold of the Corporate Finance book.. apparently someone has checked it out and it is not due back for another hour. I want to get over with my Finance homework by Friday. I see two of my friends doing the same homework. I join them... the problems looks relatively easy. I think I can get the work done in a hour or so... I did it!! I did all the problems except the last one. I still need to check it but I think, the major part is done.. oh! what a relief! Now the case write up. We have a make up class on Friday for the Martin Luther king holiday, which I am going to miss. We are off the Louisiana on Friday morning...early morning :)

The weather is quite chilly. Boston weather, which sometimes leaves me wondering if my ears are going to fall off in the cold! Because we were both in a rush this morning, I forgot to get my scarf and the gloves.. The view of Charles is beautiful in the early morning. It is covered with a blanket of ice and a slight tint of sun rays bouncing on it makes it even more beautiful.

Weekend was hectic. I attended the " Dynamic Women's Conference" at Harvard Business school from 8 - 5 pm. Quite a busy day. It was great opportunity for us to hear some encouraging insights from some of the powerful women in the business world. Attending Panel discussions at Harvard Business School's class along with the business student was quite an experience. I attended three panels. 1. Entrepreneurship 2. Consulting 3. Marketing. In addition, I also got to meet with and listen to the creator of the TV series "Amazing Race”- which I really love to watch!!

Talked with everyone back home. It is sad that we missed the wedding.Prasanna really wanted to go but could not leave because of his work. He works too much… Sometimes, I wish he had more time :) Time is what we lack the most..

Without further dwelling much into detail, I would like to conclude the journal for today! I am tired today.. Soon I will drift off to dreamland. Adios.

No comments: