Friday, January 26, 2007

quick run down

Despite the bitter cold, I still make an effort to take the longer route to go to my class.Why ?-- To get some exercise. I am ridiculously out of shape -—the brisk wind on my face and icy air in my lungs is no fun. There is a small hill in front the Beacon Hill that exactly takes me to the business building. Walking in the cold wind makes your brain quite alert but in Boston,this might not always be a good idea.Yesterday was awfully cold so I opted not to go.

I feel quite fresh today! Sleep is a prized commodity. I got a good night sleep last night compare to the one before. I had a case due so I was up until 1:00 and then again, got up at 6 to do it. This is what you get for buying the case package at the last minute. It was a complete Havoc.

School has been going on just fine. The bad thing this semester is that all my presentations are at the end of the semester. Let’s see-- total of 4 presentations with four different groups. That is going to be fun.

I had my law class yesterday. My mind is still buzzing from all the new terms I read. On top of that, reading the case was a torturous ordeal. The two cases were “Schooner Vs McFadden and the Asahi Metal case.” Usually, the business cases takes me about 45 min of concrete attention; however, the law case yesterday took more almost 2 hours. Some of the words were purely brutal….. I have read almost all the novels by John Grisham, yet, reading these cases was horrendous. I can already tell this class is going to be a fun one :) I probably need to allocate a good chunk of time just for this one, and then I have Corporate Finance and Operational Management. This semester, Corporate Finance is also going to be a killer one. Working in a group to do our assignments is a BIG “NO.” The professor clearly stated deducting points if he catches the same mistake in our homework’s. That means more time for me as I am quite dubious of the whole Finance subject.

I am kind of multi-tasking. I am doing my homework and chatting with one of my good friends, Swasti from school. She is giving me a quick summary of a wedding of my brother-in-law back home which both Prasanna and I missed. This ifriend of mine is a mutual friend of my new sister-in-law as well. Therefore, I get the chance to hear the scoop from the girl’s side. Wedding is one of the best times in Nepal. My cousin is also getting married in second week of February. Mum will be off to Nepal next week. All we can do is sit here and hear the exciting and fun stuff back home.

I am hungry now. More than often have I been reprimanded for my eating behavior, and yet, I shamefully admit, I am not disciplined. Especially with the school and group meeting, one way or the other, I always seem to miss my lunch.

Jan 23rd one of the important dates for me came and went by...nothing especial. Fragmentary as it is, this is all I can summarise of this week.

No comments: