Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Win and Loose

Tom Brady’s picture loomed over the Boston Globe and the metro yesterday morning. 3 out of 5 had the newspaper in front of them with their sad faces (Or happy for the Colts fan). It could have been a SWEET victory for the New Englanders, however, to the shock of the civilized world, Brady threw a pick that ended the game and sent the Colts to the Big Game. Even Manning thought Brady was going to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat…and look how the game ended… the victory was so close, yet so far!!

Now, I guess all the pressure is off Peyton, because his arch-nemesis, his Kryptonite, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are out of the leagues.

Now that the Pats are out, I am fully supporting Colts….mainly because of Peyton Manning, brother of Eli Manning..…. I guess supporting MS. As ironic as it sounds, I went to same school or I should say college as Eli Manning did-- My alma-mater "University of Mississippi" aka Olemiss. Both Eli and I were in the same class--Micro-Economics and Business Law both at 8:00 in the morning.

I still regret the fact that I never got his Autograph.—Just imagine how much it would have worth now…...In retrospect, I can STILL say that I went to same school as Eli did and have seen both Peyton and Archie Manning during our home game.

Sunday night was a good night. Sanjay, Pras and I went to Motu dai’s and Ishwar dai’s residence to watch the game. There we had the great company of Neevs and Anil dai. The only thing that was missing was of course, the victory at the end. The Game was was exciting. Better than the one with Saints and Bears. I have NOT really been a "football" fan..... but the last game was simply amazing !!

I am at the library today. Yesterday, for a change, I went to the Law library and it is so much better than the Business school one. Law students seem even smarter than usJ I was not trying to eaves drop, but I could not help over hearing how the students were talking about getting only 5 hours of sleep. Boy! Law school must be hard. I went to their cafeteria and the table was filled with students studying with their laptop. If the cafeteria was like this, then imagine how the law library was. I have now decided to study in the Law library. Maybe looking at them will give me more reasons to study.. Just an assumption here…. Nothing proved as of yet…..

Talking about library--- I am still at the library--the Business school one. It snowed a little bit in the morning. I have been trying to study but it has been hard to focus.

I am book hopping right now. Since I had already renewed the book twice, before re-newing the third time ( which I do not think is allowed) I have decided to read Kiran Desai’s Hulaballo in the guava tree and I am half way done. With the rate I am going, I should be done by Friday!

No comments: