Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back to School

Spring break is over.

I'm not sure if it’s a sign of me getting older, or how busy life gets at school, but time is zooming by a ludicrous speed.

We did manage to New York to visit the newly wedded sister and brother-in law. They got back from Nepal about 3 weeks ago.. . I was really excited ... excited that the snow had finally stopped. It really was a going to be a very short visit but I was very much looking forward to it ...... Surprisingly, because of the snow, the road was completely deserted which made the drive a hassle free one. Imagine getting stuck in the Traffic on Saturday afternoon.. Ugghh.. After picking my cousin, we headed to the Nepali restaurant called “Yak” in Jackson Height. The place reminded me so much like restaurant back home.. They even had a singer who sang beautiful Hindi and Nepali songs and on top of that, the momo was simply de-licioous..!!

We also got to meet and had a wonderful lunch with Pushkar dai and his wife. Pras gets really excited meeting with his old friends. I still am very amazed by the connection and the friendship he has with his old friends.The Budhanilkantha connection I suppose. :)

In sum, the LongIsland trip was really nice. I really got to cherish my old Ktm memories back which definetly is a priceless moment.

Now back to school…

I grew apprehensive as I entered by Finance class yesterday. The Grueling ordeal was finally about to end. My heart almost skipped a beat…. I got my paper back. Not good at all. But I passed… Man... after all that studying.. Got to study more…

This week:

I have a case write up in Marketing, which I need to work extra hard. Then I have the law exam… and then the finance one the following weekend. And all the looming presentation… Boy oh boy!! I gotta really work hard.

In class today, we did the PriceWaterHouseCoopers’s Knowledge Curve case study. I was up until 12 doing the write up and getting up this morning was hard. On the other hand, the case was really interesting. The whole topic of “Portal Integration,”“ Knowledge Curve.” I had no idea until yesterday that IBM had actually bought the PriceWaterHouse Consulting after the spin off..…. very very interesting!

I better get back to my work. I would at least try to finish the “British Airways” case for my IT class and my stomach in GROWLING…...

Oh did I mention that I am one of the e-board members for the Women in Business club at Suffolk :)

No comments: