Friday, March 16, 2007

gaze the no'reaster :)

The last day of my Spring break today ends with FOUR letter word? SNOW! ARGH!

Just as I was thinking about the beautiful weather this week which has put me in the best moods of late, this happens!! After a day this week where we were in the 70s, we have a snow.....and that too on the weekend. My only hope is that the past few days were warm enough that it won't stick for long.

And the timing isn't very good.

We are planning to drive down to NY tomorrow to meet our newly married cousin and her husband. I really hope we can go.. I am really excited to meet her. Snow Snow go away.....

The annoying Noreaster!!! Arghhh..

Happenings-wise:

Even though it's the holidays—aka spring break, I'm trying to stay on top of my work. I had my internship interview yesterday… the second interview which went quite smoothly. It is still quite early for the fall internship, but I am trying to make a bit of a head start.

After the interview, I decided to go to MFA. The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

When I got to the museum, surprisingly enough there were fire brigade lined outside the building and everyone was out in the garden. I humbly asked one of the staff members, “Fire in the roof” was her quick reply.

Her calmness made me conclude that it was not anything serious. Upon waiting for 20 minutes, we were allowed inside the museum. Thank god!! After making a detail inquiry, I found out that it was a small fire in the new building they were expanding. I was extremely happy that they had let us all in

I love Museums…… simply cannot put more emphasis on the word LOVE!! I cannot spend whole day, but I can spend good amount of time, if I really enjoy the piece. Strolling down the isle, looking at Manet, Monet, Renoir and all the mixture of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist art with a additional flavour of Egyptian Art was a thrill for me. The main purpose of the visit was to look the “Paris Fashion collection.” It was really nice. They had the little collection by Chanel, Dior, Valentino, and Yoji Yamamoto to name a few. It truly was a depiction of the “"the democratization of fashion."

The incomprehensive clothing exquisitely crafted indeed was very breathtaking... very much like the actual "Runway" you see on Fashion channels. (Since I have never been to the real one, I am making the basis of the judgment on my knowledge of Fashion TV.) Without my realization, I had actually spent almost an hour and half studying the beautiful dresses on the mannequins, which I so hoped were real models. In sum, yesterday was a great museum day for me.

Saw the movie Departed. Great movie. to me, the most exciting part was when Matt Damon says he wants to go to Suffolk ( my school) to get a one year law degree.

Just a while ago I eased back the curtains and saw the continuous snowfall… moving furiously, west to east. I went in my room, put on my shoes, and found my camera. Click click…..I manage to take couple of quick shots!.. including this one of our bikes... which sadly is completely covered in white snow.

Pras is back from work early.

Right now, I have the blinds open. Sipping the hot soup while enjoying the mixture of white snow and the smooth jazz is simply AMAZING!

Quickly reflecting on my dream-- I had a nice dream about my granddad and my great grand mum.

Oh—Happy Saint Patty’s day tomorrow!!

Reading wise, I have started “the Royal Ghost.”

No comments: