Wednesday, September 26, 2007

titleless

Not much today except the fact that it was super duper HOT!! almost 92 I think. I am excited that it is Wednesday.. Mid week... 2 more days and then the weekend!
Work was fine...I enjoy listening to Mr. Jim Cramer these days.... I have kind of started listening to his stock picks. Today, I was listening a conference call for a Investing Fund called Davis Fund in NY, the investors had quite an analogy with volatile market and opportunities. The interesting example was that of a SUV and a subcompact car.

They were saying, if you are driving a SUV, because of the large size you are so confident that nothing can go wrong, you drive more aggressively and as a result get more exposed to the accident. However, on the other hand, people who drive sub compact car are very conscious about how they drive as they are a small car, they are more conservative drivers and because of that they get into less accident. I believe the whole point here was about "Risk" Vs " Perceived Risk." -- The same thing implies to the volatility and uncertainties in the market. Interesting notion I think....

I guess this much for a today. A little bit of the market world :)

P joined me on the bus ride today-- 't was nice.

No comments: