Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dec 11th

I am writing after 4 days. Not bad. I am proud of myself. I love writing. I used to write diaries during my college years then all of a sudden, I stopped. The blame goes to my junior and senior year in college where I was taking 21 credits or I suppose I was just being a procrastinator. Anyways, I am glad I have started to write back. This will be a fun journey and I intend not to let this journey end!

:) You remember the worst snow I was talking about….. DÉJÀ VU!! It came back. But unfortunately it was on Friday. (Nope, the work did not get canceled and neither did the class)

To begin with, it started with a little snow is the morning, turned into rain and then into massive snowstorm by the afternoon. Snows everywhere, traffic everywhere, it was CRAZY!!

However, on the other end. The scene looked absolutely GORGEOUS!! The white carpet of snow covered on the ground was indeed a beautiful scene and the view of Charles river was simply Gorgeous!!! I had to take the test that day.. by the way it is over.. and yes!! I do not want to talk about the topic ever again.. Hopefully, I will not have to. So I had to go take the test early in the snowy morning. I was dropped off by my husband and then after the test I had to go back to the apt myself.

There was no sign of snow to stop; rather, it was getting more and more heavy. Since we live in an area where they have no T, I was forced to take the bus. To get to the bus station from the T, I had to walk. Yup!! I had to walk outside that heavy snow. (Looking back, it was a fun experience but then trust me, it was not!! I am slowly beginging to understand why my husband always complains about the winter weather in Boston! ) It was suffocating. You are trying to walk but would find your feet stuck into the 5-inch snow. I was trying to walk but for a sec did not even know where I was cause it was completely white. The throbbing gust of wind was not being any helpful. I could see people landing on their back because of the slippery snow and prayed that I would not have to be one of them. Little did I know about that, just when I thought I was about to get near the bus station, I slipped and landed on the street. Ouch!!

Thank god! I was not alone. This friendly lady helped me stand up. If it was just anyother day, it would have been embarassing, but that day I cared less!! :) Brushing away the snow on my jeans and jacket, I followed the crowd of students from Harvard University and after 15 minutes of struggle I made it to the bus station.

It usually takes about 20 min at the most, but that day, it took almost 2 hours.
The traffic was literally moving every 10 minutes. Our bus got stuck in the snow three times. It it was any other regular day I would not have mind walking, but that was simply impossible. Had I walked, I would have been in bed with pneumonia. I finally get home after boundless two hours.

I treated myself with a hot coffee and was woken up by the door buzz. My husband was home!! That night we watched the Hindi movie “ Nazar.” OK movie, I would not recommend to anyone. Not a Friday night movie and you should definitely not watch it alone.

No comments: