Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What are World Heritage Sites?

“Cultural Heritage Sites, such as Kathmandu Valley in Nepal or the Archaeological Sites of Troy in Turkey, represent masterpieces of creative genius, outstanding architectural structures or examples of traditional human settlement.”

I was so ecstatic to read this. I recently got the ISIC, the International Student card. Trust me you really do get good deal by getting this card. Especially if you are travelling abroad.. museums and theatres... usually 40% off. Not bad eh!

I was surfing the museum section and came across the little " World Heritage" section designated by the UNESCO. And there it was, our country "NEPAL." It made me proud. Proud to have come from the city of such heritage sites.

Today is going to be a short one. It is awfully cold outside. I just finished my Global Marketing Class where I am learning to do business in Mexico. We had a small simulation case. Very interesting one of course!

Usually after the class, I take a bus at the Harvard Square and go home, but today, even walking few seconds in just excruciating. Simply could not take the risk. I am waiting for my husband who has a Raag practice, I have yet to tell you about the RAAG world……. well not to worry, some other time. I just do not want to describe it in a rush. He has his Raag final this Saturday and it is absolutely melodious. You will simply love it. My mum has actually recommended us to see the movie called “ Morning Raag,” starring Shabana Azmi. Not seen it yet..

Oh!!! Here is the phone call.. Time for me to go.. Have a good night!

Ciao

No comments: