Thursday, January 19, 2006

Every now and then I get into a reflective mood, thinking about what I have seen in the world so far, pondering about what has happenned in my life, and in others' lives.Lot is inside me but still there are constraints. What could that be one may ask? Trust me there are lots! Life is not that simple is it?

I often sit in front of the computer with the desire of pouring everything inside me, but then again I get stuck. Amazingly, My smooth train of thought just stops! When will I be able to jot down thoroughly? I have been patient…well not that tolerant per-se but there is some degree to it. I do not know how long this will last. I am really hoping this will not go too long. (If you have no idea what I just wrote, just give me couple of days, I will explain everything!)

Today is little bit relaxing day for me. Yesterday was a complete marathon. I was just running around the town getting completely soaked in the Rain.

I got up in the morning. Made a fresh round of coffee and quickly skimmed through the Wall Street Journal I had got it from the Babson College yesterday. (If you are a student at Babson, the MBA student gets FREE WSJ! Amazing isn’ t. and NO!! I am not a student at Babson =) I was reading this article of a Stanford drop out student who later became the CEO of the Hubstub.com. This is a company where they buy and sell concert tickets and is doing GREAT!! His mum was not very pleased when her son decided to make this move. But now, with his status, I am quite positive; she must be gleefully enjoying the life he has now.

It is my grandfather’s birthday tomorrow. He is going to be turning 85. I browsed through muncha.com and Thamel.com and ended up buying, bed of roses for the occasion. Hopefully, with the curfews and all, it will get to the house by Saturday morning.

Now, I am going through the headlines at the nepalnews.com. Curfew has still been imposed in the capital for whole day tomorrow. Soon it will a year since the king has taken the coup d’ etat role. Yet, nothing has changed. Leaders talk, civilians agonize, rich are getting richer and poor getting worsevBUT the country’s political situation has not changed a bit. Nepal’s foreign donors are sending mixed signals about their future engagement in the country .The election are coming closer. That is the positive sign I suppose. Like all the Nepalese back home, I am optimistic about the action chairman Gyanendra will be delivering in the darkest hours. Some spirit that has kept the civilian’s hope up.

Filhahal- I finally got a chance to watch this movie. I had left it half finished about 3 years back with my grandparents. Lot has changed since then and I never really had the chance to actually see that movie again . I would go to the store and ask, but my bad luck I suppose, the movie would never be there. I FINALLY saw that movie. Really nice one. It is about the “ surrogate motherhood.” The story is really unique and the song called “ Filhaal” is absolutely beautiful.

Prasanna is coming back from San Fran today. I am excited. He has been gone for 2 days, 2 lonnnggg days. I am glad today in Thursday, one more day and the weekend. My old college friend Jennifer is going to be visiting her brother in New Hampshire, so I am thinking about catching up with her.

I found this cute picture of the Kumari bhagwan at the internet. I saw Kumari for the first time, last winter when I was in nepal. It was a wonderful expereince indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been writing very well. Keep it up. I see you becoming a popular writer in the forseeable future.

Anonymous said...

hey why don't you write what is inside you. Just write everything. I am sure it will be fun reading it.

IESE MBA 2007 said...

Hey Deepti,
I didn't know you have already joined Babson. Congrats! Is it a full time MBA or a part ime?

Pradeep