Monday, April 10, 2006

weekend rundown

Ah. Well, it's been quite a week. I've had lots of good snippets of conversations about deep, and not-so-deep ;) things. I'll probably leave it at that…

I will give you a run-down of a few interesting events:

Friday was bit relaxing. Since it was Friday, I really had no mood to study; however to free myself from the so–called guilt situation, I did manage to study for a good 2 hours. In the evening we made a quick drive to the "Barnes and Nobel" and enjoyed the company of white chocolate mocha along with some lonely planet books.

Saturday was an OK day weather wise. Was fairly a gloomy day. However, we made an effort to go outside and enjoyed the not- so- lovely looking day. For few hours, we hid ourselves in the secluded area of The Tang Center at MIT and enjoyed the soothing view of Charles River.

Evening was a nice one. We had a small get together are Bhawesh dai and milu’s place. The food was excellent and it was nice meeting with everyone after a long time. I also feel proud on the fact that I drove all the way to SALEM :) back and forth

Sunday, we made a so-called brief stop at the mall.


MALL--- this is my depiction

The mall. A horrific place, to be sure. Full of unimaginable terrors and blood-curling sights, things that will drive even the best mankind has to offer to insanity. I'm being generous, of course, the reality is actually much much worse. At least to my mind. See, I, being shopophobic tend to be very goal-oriented when in a shopping center. Go in, get what you need, and go out. The long line and the crowd intimidate me. Efficiency is key. Stragglers will be shot. This is no place for mercy. Once in a while is fine with me, but if this becomes a regular routine… I cannot handle it.It is a torture

For whatever reasons, shoe shopping is one of the chief horrors in my life. The smell is so horrific. Then you have to do the whole process of finding the right size. You find the right color and choice, but then there is no size. Finally, you find the right size and the colour and then, of course, there's the whole business of trying them on. Etiquette has it that you can only try one on, so you wind up walking around like an idiot with two different shoes on trying to determine how well the new one fits.

In summary, I have to say, we bravely ventured onto the pavement of that notorious pedestrian Mecca, the Crazy wrantham Mall. =)

Called home on Saturday. Situation in Nepal is getting worse everyone was saying. No one knows what will happen next. Civilians are raged against the ongoing violence, curfews and the monarchy. This time the situation looks serious. Will Nepal become a republic nation? Hopefully, something good will happen soon. It is about time, the whole chaos needs a complete FULL stop… for good!

I was reading the article titled " Hats off to the pre-democracy activists," by Krishna poudyal. Very nicely written and very encouraging one.

They have a special two hours “Apprentice” tonight and I have to miss it cause I have a group study. I guess I cannot compromise since I have the class.. if it was something else there was no way I was going to miss it. Sigh! I wish..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mall..Mall.. I love malls.. how come you hate going there. It is fun to walk around..