Thursday, September 21, 2006

Centenial Celebration


With a sheer of anxiety, I flip over my Management Analytical homework. The number looks gruesome. I came to the school in the morning and have been here since then. It is 9:00 in the evening now. Well, I have not been studying per-se but have been in the school since early morning. I am exhausted!

The Exciting news is that I had a chance to see the former President Mr. George Bush. Yup! he came to the centennial celebration of Suffolk University. The school is supposedly 100 years old today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUFFOLK :) Along with my two friends, Yulia and Meryl, I went to the celebration held in Boston Common. I also had a chance to hear from Thomas Menino, the mayor of boston. This man has quite a BOSTON accent :)

I was so impressed by Mr. Bush’s speech and the cutest thing was that he kept on mentioning his wife. He was like, “My wife sometimes finds me crazy because I speak with the television—it is the age factor I guess.” I can now officially say that I have seen Mr. George Bush :) By the way he was born in Milford, Mass. I did not have the slightest clue about this. I always thought he was from texas.

I also had a meeting with my Professor regarding the Innovative project I am doing with him. It is very interesting. Now, I cannot help, but simply wish that I had more time.

On a very interesting note- I am flipping over the Business Page of a “ New York times,” ( Now, I have started reading NY and financial times) and I see something very interesting. It is an advertisement for a Nepalese Rug. “ABC Nepalese RUG for SALE” : Select from over 200,000 one-of-a king modern handmade Nepalese rugs- it says. This is a one page advertisement featured on a NY times. The advertisement must have been very very expensive.—I am guessing more than $20000. WOW!! I cannot help but wonder who owns this business. Is this an Nepali entrepreneur or an American simply using the nepali name to brand his product?

If anyone do decide to go the address in 1055 Bronx river!


Good night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABC Home and Carpets is one of the most expensive home decorating stores in Manhattan. They have an outlet store in Bronx that sells on sale stuff. That is the 1055 Bronx address.

http://www.abchome.com/Home.aspx

and trust me you couldn't vget a one word advertise in the nytimes for 2000.