Monday, October 30, 2006

Back to school

I got up at 4:00 in the morning today.

I miss being the master of my own destiny-- with no official deeds to be done, no chores, no red diary tagged along with me to keep me track of my daily event.

I want just a peaceful and pleasant awakening.... A peaceful mornings.

Weekend!!

Weekend was just too short and most of it was spent studying. I had a case study write up due by Sunday evening. It was an interesting case about a company called "GOLFLOGIX." Golflogix makes a software called Xcaddie-- sort of like GPS navigator.This product helps the golfers to know the exact range of their golf balls, putters and also helps them improve their swings by giving strategies. So far, the company has been using the golf course as their number 1 selling media. Since the revenue stream has not been positvely high they are faced with a quagmire as to whether or not to directly sell their products directly to the customers. If they do decide to sell Xcaddie to the customers, they might jeopardize their relationship with the golf course.The executive board is in the midst of a dilema? What should they do?

Our write up was about our strategy -

If you were the CEO of the company what would you do? My decision, of course, had to be justified with a quantitative analysis. This was the question we had to keep in our mind while doing the write ups.

The whole of Sunday and half day Saturday was taken by this case study. Heaps of credit goes to Mr D for all the help! (Of course, I decided to go with both the customers and the golf course channel while selling the products) I have another mid-term this Friday. Last Friday was the Statistic exam and this week is the Marketing Analysis and next week is Accounting. Exams are rolling like anything.

What else--- Well, I suppose when you make a concerted effort to write every day in a blog, then it will have to by nature turn to something more personal:)

Soon it will start to get dark early. The day light saving has started.Winter is around the corner. Walking in the cold will be dreadful. I am rambling--- as you can see I have a half-formed thoughts.

On an interesting note, couple of months ago I had attended the talk show of Mr. Sharad Babu Shrestha from the READ foundation and just recently, I read about him in Kantipur about him being one of the recipients of Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. What a true honour for our country!! KUDOS for his hard work!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you still have this case ? i'aminterested in your answers could send it to me ?arthur.bechaux@gmail.com

Nathalia said...

I am also interested in your answers. I know that it was a long time that you made it but I will be very grateful to receive. Thank you so much. My email is: tathaboa@hotmail.com