Thursday, October 05, 2006

quick summary

They are eerie sensations, more common than one might think: It is the sensation of an Exam, homeworks-- all those nauseatic feelings that I am encountering at the moment. Time is precious. Time management is even more precious. However, I am in the midst of dilema not being able to manage the both.

HAPPY DASHAIN!!! Weekend was good. It was Dashain for all the Nepalese. Even though I wanted to enjoy the festival in a full swing, I was not able to cause of the group project and the asssignment I had. Both Saturdays and Sundays- most of the day time, I was crammed with my projects and report. However,I did manage to enjoy the evenings eating good food at Muna aunty's, Manisha bhauju and Anju bhauju's place. It was a small dashain fiesta for us.

The "khasi" ko masu was simply superb!! On the day of Dashain, I was very happy when our Organizational Behaviour class was cancelled. It was in the afternoon and it gave us some time to enjoy the "dashain." I had no interest of attending the second class, but I had no choice because class participation is heavily counted towards our final grade. I just wished I did not have to go--- Wishful thinking does not always come true does it?:)

Tuesday morning was a longgg day for me. I had to get to the Copley Plaza at 7:30 in the morning. I got up at 5:00 and was out out house by 6:40. It was our first lecture series I suppose. This one was from the CEO, the chairman and the PRESIDENT of PROCTER AND GAMBLE, Mr. A.G Lafley( This man has all the three titles! quite amazing! ). It has always been my dream to work at this company, keeping that in mind, :) I did manage to do bit of a networking with employees from Gillette and P and G and got some business cards :) By the way, I also got my Business card from the school :)

The session was very very interesting!I was very astonished to find out that the P & G is !69 years old. WOW!! By far, the biggest acqisition for them has definetly been aquiring GILLETTE:

Mr.Lafley looked like any other CEO resonating the same trait as other Great LEADERS! The product of HBS of course!! . The guy with a power.From all the lectures I have attended, I feel that the leaders have some attribute that is easily distinguishable compare to the regular people. Mr. Lafley, "the proctoids,"as he is reffered by his fellow workers was also one of them. He had a power in this voice. Since he has been in the company the sales been up to 20%. When you are talking about 20% in terms of million and billions of dollars it is just HUGEEEEE.

It really felt nice being in that room with other representatives and stake holkders and hearing his strategies and marketing plan to sustain in the market. :) I really hope that I get to work with this company some day!

ERIC CLAPTON!!

Both Prasanna and I, we also managed to go see Mr. Clapton this week at the Fleet Center. Honestly speaking,I was bit disappointed that he did not sing his famous songs-- father's eyes, tears in heaven, change the world-- He did sing, Leila, Cocaine and you look beautiful tonight.

It had been a really long day for me and I was really tierd. Prasanna was fully enjoying. It has always been one of his dreams to go to Eric clapton's concert and I am glad he did :)

I am at the Library and I have a group meeting in about 20 minutes, so I better get going!

No comments: