Monday, December 18, 2006

Finally it is over!

Procrastination is a fine art, however, this time, it is not the reason for the absence blog.Even though school was over, I still needed to do some last minute things… paper, write ups and all.. Now everything, I mean everything is done for me. I am relieved. Well not relieved per se.. cause I still do not know my grades, but I am comforted by the fact that I do not need to go to the library. Such a nice feeling it is.

This weekend was nice. We had a brunch at Shailendra dai’s place. Yup! The same great menu- waffle, eggs and hash browns. Since Snajay, the Waffle man was not there, both Pras and I made the waffle which turned out to be GREAT. I also did little bit of cooking that day—actually; I did a whole lot of cooking for Mr. D that afternoon.

Sunday was a Raag day. Prasanna sang Raag Durga with a mixture of Bilambit Jhaptaal and Tin Taal. It was so soothing and so beautiful. I really have become a fan of Raag. It really gives you a peace of mind which is a must in your stressful schedule.There were also little boys performing that day. They must have been probably 5 or 6 years old and they were playing tabla-- the view was soo adorable. I could not help smiling looking at them perform their piece. It was amazing!!

Click here to see Raag Durga in Bilambit Jhap Taal Part I :- (Prasanna’s Raag )

Click here to see Raag Durga in Bilambit Jhap Taal Part II :- (Prasanna's Raag)

Click here to see Raag Durga in Tin Taal :- (Prasanna’s Raag)

Now, I am doing packing. It is not even half way done-------- I would be stressed, but I can't be bothered. I am off to Seattle tomorrow. I have an early flight. I will be staying with my cousin and her husband who I have not seen for almost 2 and half years. I am excited. Then on Thursday, I am off to Tokyo. I'm really looking forward to it. Both Prasanna and I, we were in Tokyo last summer, almost a year and a half ago. It was a short 5 days visit. This is the first long trip visiting my parents since I have been married.

My parents also moved into a new apartment last week. Another thing to look forward to. The only thing I am sad about is leaving Prasanna. Since the past few trips has always been with Mr. D, this was one is going to be boring and sad without him. I am already worried about who I am going to be sitting next to in the plane. I hate traveling aloneeee.

The other day, I went to the library and have checkedout couple of books to read. My list is too long and I managed to bring 5 ( not all of them from the list) books but I do not think that I am going to finish it all.

I am taking- Suketa Mehta’s –The maximum city, V.S. Naipaul’s Magic Seeds, Innovators Dilemma by Clayton Christensen and last but not the least--- Palpasa cafĂ© by Mr. Narayan Wagle. This is going to be bit hard for me since everything is s in Nepali. The vocabulary is very confusing but I am very resolute to read it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah wah prasannaaaaa

srijanablog said...

Have a safe and nice journey. Enjoy a lot!!!

Anonymous said...

nice music... I am assuming that is your husband correct?

Anonymous said...

interestingg...

Anonymous said...

deepti,have a good trip.the raag is very nice.

Anonymous said...

prasanna timro gana haru khataraaaa cha yaarr.

Anonymous said...

nice songs. deepti have a good trip. I hope you continue writing the blog.have a good holidays.

Anonymous said...

so that is called Raag or Raaga

IESE MBA 2007 said...

Prasanna,
I am really impressed. The rags are awesome.

Deepti,
Have fun in Tokyo. Keep blogging. By the way I couldn't see the second video, I think it was not made "public".

Pradeep

Anonymous said...

yup!! I echo with Pradeep. Great songs indeed Prasanna. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

HI DEEPTI!
IT'S GOOD N GREAT.
THANKS FOR THIS BLOG.
TAKE GOOD CARE
REGARDS
NIRAJAN/THE SAAYA