Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back again

I actually managed to take some time off from my busy schedule to write my Blogs. My computer died.. AGAIN!! second one this time.. and I have literary been computer less. Actually, I am in the library and going through my emails and replying a long overdue ones. At work, everything is blocked so I cannot check anything. The only thing that I am really geared towards is the CNBC and the BLoomberg news. Now, that I have been doing my intern for month and a half, I have started to live a usual life without getting obsessed to Facebook and hi5. ( I know it is crazyy....)!!!!

It has been a while since I have updated my well being. Not much is going on except the fact that I do not have to go to the school anymore.. My studying part is done.. no more weekend cramming and late night studying and stressful life. So far, life has been a breeze.. well kind of. Not having to study every night indeed is a big relief.

Working at ML has been a good experience. Watching cnbc news almost 8 hours a day has been a good exposure to the money world. I have also developed some real interest in the stock market world and I actually enjoy watching the tickers going up and down and have managed to learn a good amount of symbols... and yes, amongst all, I was heavily following the Ben Bernanke's act on cutting the Discount rate... All these(bonds, t-bills, yield, tax, allocation....) words that I once used to hate has now become my best friend.. (ALMOST)

Dame Anita Roddick, the great entrepenuer and a great leader passed away yesterday. I was shocked. It really was an unexpected news. She has been a true role model for many... including me. My parents used to tell us her story about how her family had migrated from Italy and had really worked hard to lead a good life in England. Anita and her husband Gordan, prior to starting their well renowned "Body Shop International" actually used to sell their product on the streets of England. Following her dream passionately, she came this far. Since my uncles back home are involved with the Body Shop, Anita herself had visited our factory in Nepal 7 times and had also come to our house in Nepal. I also remember my mum making me read one of her books which was truely inspirational. And now, knowing she is gone is hard to believe..... She will truly be remembered for her effort and her passion! Passion for helping the people with AIDS, supporting charity events, getting involved in domestic violence causes and so on.....

Though too short, and though we miss her, her’s was a life well lived. The world really needs people like Anita to encourage all the women around the world!!

The church bell is ringing.. I think it is time to say Adieu. I guess this one is going to be an abrupt ending!!!

No comments: