Thursday, September 20, 2007

regular snippets!

September 20, nothing has significantly changed in the past few days. Still without a computer. However, I did manage to call the people at Best Buy only to get informed that the computer was not yet sent to the service center. Hopefully, it finally has at this point. I would need to make a phone call to get the status. The sad part is my harddisk is completely corruputed and as a result, all of my data is completely gone. All my MBA stuff and everything.... They were suppose to backup the data for 9 gig which was going to cost about 90$, but since the harddrive is corrupted, they said, to retrieve the data it would cost anywhere between $250-$1500....... no point in paying that much I think...

Somehow, I feel that laptop and I, we do not get along. This is a second laptop in 2 years that has been wrecked by my use. Well, this was was already dead and we managed to retrieve it after being in a coma for almost a year, but still, it died. My other computer's harddrive went off as well.That was barely a year old.. Such is life.. At least I am grateful for the fact that it nothing major happened ( lots did happen)when I was at school..

Nothing much is going on..Work is fine.. I am learning a lot. Today, I was doing an asset allocation for an International fund. It was an interesting analysis. Fed cuts down the discount rate again... news all over the place. This move is supposedly going to help the economy everyone says. Funny thing is I have not had chance to hear Bernanke speak. Just the other day I watched Alan Greenspan's interview. I am very eager to see Ben Bernanke's speech. Hopefully, in next couple of days.

I have got this ugly thingie inside my mout...mouth ulcer it is called and it hurts like hell.. I cannot eat properly and I cannot talk properly, it hurts so very much...

Reading wise, still reading Anita's Book!! half way done... That women was Amazing. My uncle had written me a mail the other day. He told me that Anita had visited our factory 8 times. I was small when she came to our house in Nepal and I had already left for Japan when she came the other times. I talk about Anita a lot with P. Anita Roddick and Carlos Ghosn are two people that I talk quite frequently.... Ireally wish I had chance to meet and talk with Anita... Her stories are truely inspiring and I am thorougly enjoying it!

No comments: